Synchronization of Traffic signal is quite important aspect forth effective traffic management issues. Most of the traffic problems are caused by certain deficiencies in management. The traffic congestion, vehicular delays, risk of accident, uneconomic travel and other psychological strains are the observed. Signal Synchronization Signal synchronization is a standard procedure of signal timing. The objective of this project is Improving Traffic System at Some Intersections of Indore. During the past decade major cities have under gone haphazard growth of Industrialization, urbanization of country. Consequently the urban population has to travel greater distances within minimum possible time. To manage travel demand the intersections should give least resistance to traffic flow so that the travel time can be minimized. The most requirement of heavy traffic cities is to absorb the growing traffic demand but within the same physical dimensions at the intersection. These days all-around the globe efforts are being put forward to protect the environment to save earth. In this work an attempt has been made to study the various intersections, so as to minimize the delays at these intersections and consequently improve the level of service. Traffic signal can be synchronized so that a vehicle starting at one end of the Street and travelling at Reassigned speed can go to other end without stopping for red light. At each intersection the existing traffic has been estimated and then signal is designed. To improve the level of service at intersections and to minimize delay, optimized signal has been synchronized and benefits are estimated.
Neetesh Kumar Jain, Atul Bhatore
PCU, Saturation Flow, Delay, Traffic Signal, Synchronization , Traffic Survey
- Arash M. Roshandeh; Herbert S. Levinson; Zongzhi Li et al "New Methodology for Intersection Signal Timing Optimization to Simultaneously Minimize Vehicle and Pedestrian Delays." ASCE vol.140, No. 5 2014.
- Said M. Easa; and Jianchuan Cheng. "Reliability Analysis of Minimum Pedestrian Green Interval for Traffic Signals." ASCE vol.139, No. 5 2013
- Ilsoo Yun; and Byungkyu BrianPark et al "Stochastic Optimization for Coordinated Actuated Traffic Signal Systems. "ASCE vol.138, No.7 2012.
- S.Goliya and Nitin Kumar Jain "Synchronization of Traffic Signals-A Case Study – Eastern Ring Road, Indore". IJATCE vol.1, Issue-2, Pg. No.47-522012.
- Liang-Tay Lin; Li-Wei Chris Tung and Hsin-Chuan "Synchronized Signal Control Model for Maximizing Progression along an Arterial."ASCE vol. 136: Pg.No.727-735 2010.
- Roberto Leal Pimentel; Moacir Carlos Araújo; Halane Maria Braga Fernandes Brito "Synchronization among Pedestrians in Footbridges due to Crowd Density." ASCE vol. 18, No. 92002.
- Booz Aleen Hamilton "Improving Traffic Signal Management and Operation" FHWA?HOP?09?055 2009
- Per Garder "Traffic Signal Safety"2004
- Paul P.-Jovanis and John A. Gregor "Optimization of signal timing."IEEE VOL. 47 No.6 2000.
- Anuj Sharma; Lelitha Vanajakshi; V. Girish et al. "Impact of Signal Timing Information on Safety and Efficiency of Signalized Intersections." ASCE vol. 138:467-478. 1997
- IRC-93:1985 "Guideline on Design and Installation of Road Traffic Signals.
|Published in :
||Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2017
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Neetesh Kumar Jain, Atul Bhatore, ""Synchronization of Traffic Signal at Indore City" (Radisson Square to Lavkush Square)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.34-38, January-February-2017.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET117317.php