Weather and Climate forecasting is the application of science and technology to predict the state of the atmosphere for a given location. This provide occurrence or change in severity of plant diseases. At the field scale, these systems are used by growers to make economic decisions about disease treatments for control. Often the systems ask the grower a series of questions about the susceptibility of the host crop, and incorporate current and forecast weather conditions to make a recommendation. Forecasting system provide information about plants disease which happen due to Weather and Climate changes and it happen in such a fashion that disease can occur and cause economic losses.
FAO, phenology, Weather-Climate Forecasting System, Temperature, Solar radiation, Humidity, Cloud, Pressure, Wind, Precipitation
- Epstein, Paul R., Climate Change and Infectious Disease: Stormy Weather Ahead?, Epidemiology, July 2002 - Volume 13 - Issue 4 - pp 373-375
- Applications of seasonal to interannual climate prediction in agricultural planning and operations
- L.A. Ogalloa, M.S. Boulahyab, T. Keanec, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, ELSEVIER, Volume 103, Issues 1-2, 1 June 2000, Pages 159-166
- Francisco J. Meza, James W. Hansen, and Daniel Osgood, 2008: Economic Value of Seasonal Climate Forecasts for Agriculture: Review of Ex-Ante Assessments and Recommendations for Future Research. J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 47, 1269-1286.
- Joyce Fox Strand, Some agrometeorological aspects of pest and disease management for the 21st century, ELSEVIER, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, Volume 103, Issues 1-2, 1 June 2000, Pages 73-82
- Kristie L. Ebi, Nancy D. Lewis and Carlos Corvalan, Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol. 114, No. 12 (Dec., 2006), pp. 1957-1963
- Andrew J. Challinor1,Frank Ewert, Steve Arnold, Elisabeth Simelton and Evan Fraser, Crops and climate change: progress, trends, and challenges in simulating impacts and informing adaptation, Oxford Journals, Journal of Experimental Botany, Volume 60, Issue 10
- Clima Rice project supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway, through the Royal Norwegian Embassy, New Delhi grids. In Euro-Par, pages 169-180, 2003.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Bhavesh Kataria, "Weather-Climate Forecasting System for Early Warning in Crop Protection", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.442-444, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET14111.php