Information Technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, often in the context of a business, education or other enterprise. This paper reviewed the India’s IT Industry and in addition studied the Impact of IT on the Indian Agriculture. To improve the quality of agricultural products and production using information technology that requires efficiency and information in all sectors of agriculture. Information technology support new methods and ideas for precision and healthy agriculture used computers in farm, climate or weather forecasting, use of method and materials and kind of crops. In this paper I tried to find how information technology is useful for making choices to setting goals, improve planning and produce better agriculture products and study the key elements and basic issues of information technology in agriculture.
Agriculture Sector, Information technology, Farmers, ITAA, ICT
- Shaik. N. Meera, Anita Jhamtani, and D.U.M. Rao,2004 “Information and Communication Technology in Agricultural Development: A Comparative Analysis of Three Projects from India” Agricultural research & extension network ,network paper no.135 January 2004 isbn 0850037050
- Claire. J. Glendenning;Pier Paolo Ficarelli,2012 “The Relevance of Content in ICT initiatives in Indian Agriculture ” Eastern and Southern Africa regional office, ifpri discussion paper 01180, April 2012
- Amit Mathur, Megha Goyal “Role of Information Technology in Indian Agriculture”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. ISSN 0973-4562, Volume 9, Number 10 (2014) pp. 1193-1198
- P. Krishna Reddy and R. Ankaiah, A framework of information technologybased agriculture information dissemination system to improve cropproductivity, General articles, current science, vol. 88, no. 12, 25 june 2005
- Blattman, C., Jensen, R., Roman, R. (2003): Assessing the Need and Potential of Community Networking for Development in Rural India, Information Society, Vol. 19, Issue 5, pp. 349-364.
- Brewster, C., Wolfert, S., Sundmaeker, H. (2012): Identifying the ICT Challengesof the Agri-Food Sector to Define the Architectural Requirements for a Future Internet Core Platform, Proceedings of eChallenges e-2012 Conference, Paul Cunningham and Miriam Cunningham (Eds) IIMC International Information Management Corporation, pp. 1-8.
- Cecchini, S., Scott, C. (2003): Can Information and Communications Technology Applications Contribute to Poverty Reduction? Lessons from Rural India,Information Technology for Development, Vol. 10, Issue 2, pp. 73-84.
|Published in :
||Volume i | Issue i | November-December - 2014
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Bhavesh Kataria, "Role of Information Technology in Agriculture : A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume i, Issue i, pp.01-03, November-December-2014.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET141115.php