Computational numerical simulation has increasingly become a very important approach for solving complex practical problems in engineering and science. It provides an alternative tool of scientific investigation, instead of carrying out expensive, time-consuming experiments in laboratories. Mesh free (MF) methods are among the breed of numerical analysis technique that are being vigorously developed to avoid the drawbacks that traditional methods like Finite Element method (FEM) possess. The Element Free Galerkin (EFG) method is a meshless method in which only a set of nodes and a description of modelís boundary are required to generate the discrete equations. Although it is considered meshless, the EFG utilizes a background mesh to assembly the equations system that describes the problem. In this paper the EFG method is applied to 2-D beam problem and results obtained using MATLAB program are compared with the analytical solution by using Timoshenko Beam Theory.
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Hemal N. Lakadawala
EFG, MLS shape functions, weight functions, Meshfree, Matlab
- Liu G. R., 2004, "Mesh Free Methods: moving beyond the finite element method", Ed. CRC Press, Florida,USA,
- T. Belytschk O, Y.Y.Lu And L.GU, "An Introduction to Programming the Meshless Element Free Galerkin Method" International journal for numerical methods in engineering, VOL. 37, 229-256 (1994).
- T. Belytschko,Y. Krongauz, D. Organ, "Meshless Methods: An Overview and Recent Developments" May 2, 1996.
- J. Dolbow, T. Belytschko, "Numerical integration of the Galerkin weak form in meshfree methods" Computational Mechanics 23 (1999) 219-230 ” Springer-Verlag 1999.
- S. D. Daxini and J. M. Prajapati, "A Review on Recent Contribution of Meshfree Methods to Structure and Fracture Mechanics Applications" Scientific World Journal Volume 2014, Article ID 247172, 13 pages
- J. Dolbow, T. Belytschko, "Numerical integration of the Galerkin weak form in meshfree methods" Computational Mechanics 23 (1999) 219-230, Springer-Verlag 1999.
- "An Introduction to Meshfree methods and their Programming" by G.R. LIU, 2005.
- "From Weighted Residual Methods?to Finite?Element Methods" by Lars?Erik Lindgren, 2009.
- "Meshfree and Generalized Finite Element Methods" by Habilitationsschrift, 2008
- "MATLAB Codes for Finite Element Analysis" by A.J.M. Ferreira, 2009.
- Dongdong Wang, "A Stabilized Conforming Integration Procedure for Galerkin Meshfree Analysis of Thin Beam and Plate" Computational methods in engineering and science, EPMESC X, Aug. 21-23, 2006.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Hemal N. Lakadawala, "Solving Elasto-Static Problem in Plane Stress Case By Meshfree Method", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.445-451, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET14120.php