Maximum power point tracking (MPPT) of a photo voltaic system with different temperature and insolation conditions used for Micro grids can be explained in this paper. The micro grid conception permits small distributed energy resources (DERs) to act during a coordinated manner to produce a necessary quantity of active power and supportive service once needed. This paper proposes an approach of coordinated and integrated management of solar PV generators with the most power point following (MPPT) management and battery storage management to produce voltage and frequency (V-f) support to an islanded small grid. Also, active and nonnative/reactive power (P-Q) management with star PV, MPPT and battery storage is projected for the grid connected mode. The management ways show effective coordination between electrical converter V-f (or P-Q) management, MPPT management, and energy storage charging and discharging management. The penetration of PV systems as distributed generators in low-voltage grids has also seen significant attention. In addition, the need for higher overall grid efficiency and reliability has boosted the interest in the - concept. High-efficiency PV-based micro-grids require maximum power point tracking (MPPT) controllers to maximize the harvested energy due to the nonlinearity in PV module characteristics The paper additionally shows a good coordination among taking part small resources whereas considering the case of fixing irradiance and battery state of charge (SOC) constraint. The simulation studies area unit dispensed with the IEEE 13-bus feeder check system in grid connected and islanded small grid modes. The results clearly verify the effectiveness of projected management strategies. The MPPT of a Photovoltaic System for Micro Grid operation is successfully designed and simulated by using MATLAB/Simulink Software in this paper.
Mr. G. Joga Rao, Dr. S.K Shrivastava
Photovoltaic (PV) System, Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), Maximum Power Point(MPP), Incremental Active and Reactive Power management, Distributed Energy Resource (DER), Distributed Generation (DG), Voltage and Frequency Control.
- Li, F. Li, Y. Xu, D. T. Rizy, and J. D. Kueck, “Adaptive voltage control with distributed energy resources: Algorithm, theoretical analysis, simulation and field test verification,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 25, pp. 1638–1647, Aug. 2010.
- D.Watson and J.W. Kimball, “Frequency regulation of a microgrid using solar power,” in Proc. 2011 IEEE APEC, pp. 321–326.
- G. Molina and P. E. Mercado, “Modeling and control of grid-connected photovoltaic energy conversion system Used as a dispersed generator,” in Proc. 2008 IEEE/PES Transm. Distrib. Conf. Expo.: Latin America, pp. 1–8.
- Kakimoto, S. Takayama, H. Satoh, and K. Nakamura, “Power modulation of photovoltaic generator for frequency Control of power system,” IEEE Trans. Energy Conv., vol. 24, pp. 943–949, 2009.
- H. Lasseter, “MicroGrids,” in Proc. IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, 2002, vol. 1, pp. 305–308.
- Chowdhury, S. P. Chowdhury, and P. Crossley, “Microgrids and ActiveDistributionNetworks,” 2009, IET Renewable Energy Series 6.
- Saadat, Power System Analysis, 2nd ed. New York, NY, USA: Mc- Graw Hill, 2002.
- A. P. Lopes, C. L. Moreira, and A. G. Madureira, “Defining control strategies for MicroGrids islanded operation,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 21, pp. 916–924, 2006.
- Xu, F. Li, D. T. Rizy, and J. D. Kueck, “Active and nonactive power control with distributed energy resources,” In Proc21O. Tremblay and L. A. Dessaint, “Experimental validation of a battery dynamic model for EV applications,” World Electric. 2008 40th North American Power Symp. NAPS’08, pp. 1–7.
- Adhikari et al., “Utility-side voltage and PQ control with inverterbased photovoltaic systems,” in Proc. 18th World Congr. IFAC, Milan, Italy, Aug. 28–Sep. 2 2011, pp. 6110–6116.
- Laaksonen, P. Saari, and R. Komulainen, “Voltage and frequency control of inverter based weak LV network Microgrid,” presented at the Int. Conf. Future Power Syst., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Nov. 18, 2005.
- C. Vasquez, R. A. Mastromauro, J. M. Guerrero, and M. Liserre, “Voltage support provided by a droop-controlled Multifunctional inverter,”IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 56, pp. 4510–4519, 2009.
- Ota, K. Mizuno, K. Yukita, H. Nakano, Y. Goto, and K. Ichiyanagi, “Study of load frequency control for a Microgrid,” in Proc. 2007AUPEC Power Eng. Conf., pp. 1–6.
- Xu, Z. Miao, and L. Fan, “Coordinated control of a solar battery system in amicrogrid,” in Proc. 2012 IEEE/PES Transm. Distrib. Conf. Expo. (T&D), pp. 1–7.
- G. Villalva, J. R. Gazoli, and E. R. Filho, “Comprehensive approach to modeling and simulation of photovoltaic Arrays,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1198–1208, 2009.
- Xu, H. Li, D. T. Rizy, F. Li, and J. D. Kueck, “Instantaneous active and nonactive power control of distributed Energy resources with a current limiter,” in Proc. IEEE Energy Conversion Congr. Expo. 2010, pp.3855–3861. Vehicle J., vol. 3, 2009.
- Awad, J.Wu, and N. Jenkins, “Control of distributed generation,” Electrotechn. Info. (2008), vol. 125/12, pp. 409– 414.
- C. Vasquez, J. M. Guerrero, E. Gregorio, P. Rodriguez, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, “Adaptive droop control Applied to distributed generation inverters connected to the grid,” in Proc. 2008 IEEE ISIE, pp. 2420–2425.
- Bevrani and S. Shokoohi, “An intelligent droop control for simultaneous voltage and frequency regulation in Islanded microgrids,” IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1505–1513, Sep. 2013.
- C. Vasquez, J. M. Guerrero, M. Savaghebi, and R. Teodorescu, “Modelling, analysis and design of stationary Reference frame droop controlled parallel three-phase voltage source inverters,” in Proc. 2011 IEEE 8th ICPE & ECCE, pp. 272–279.
- L. Vandoorn, B. Meersman, J. D. M. De Kooning, and L. Vandevelde, “Analogy between conventional grid control And islanded microgrid control based on a global DC-link voltage droop,” IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1405–1414, Jul. 2012
- Li, F. Li, Y. Xu, D. T. Rizy, and S. Adhikari, “Autonomous and adaptive Voltage control using multiple distributed energy resources,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 718–730, May 2013.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mr. G. Joga Rao, Dr. S.K Shrivastava, "Control Strategy of Solar Photovoltaic Generators with MPPT and Battery Storage in Micro Grid", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.546-554, March-April-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1511722.php