The LPG is cheaper and possesses an environmental free in nature with no ozone depletion potential (ODP). Also LPG is available as a side product in local refineries. This work investigates the result of an experimental study carried out to determine the performance of domestic refrigerator when a propane-butane mixture is liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) which is available and comprises 56.4% butane, 24.4% propane, and 17.2% isobutene. An experimental investigation of Performance is carried out by the effect of changing capillary tube length, capillary tube inner diameter and capillary coil diameter on the mass flow rate of refrigerant in an adiabatic helical capillary tube. Large amount of electricity supply is not available easily in large part of under development country like India. It will also prove to be an effective for remote area such as research sites, mines, & deserts where electricity is generally not available. The results of the present work indicate the successful use of this propane-butane mixture as an alternative refrigerant to CFCs and HFCs in domestic refrigerator. It would include Experimental setup of working model and detailed observation of the LPG refrigerator and represents its application in refinery, hotel, chemical industries where requirement of LPG is more.
Vishwadipsinh J. Ghariya, Chetan R. Patel
Refrigerator, domestic refrigerator, ecofriendly refrigerants, Mixed Refrigerant
- Biren Patel & Chintan Patel,, Project on Refrigeration working on LPG, LCRT college, Mehsana,GTU.
- R. N. Richardson and J. S. Butterworth, ?The performance of propane/isobutane mixtures in a vapour-compression refrigeration system?, International Journal of Refrigeration ,Volume 18, Issue 1, January 1995, Pages 58-62
- Zhijing Liu, Imam Haider, B.Y.Liu, Reinhard Radermacher, ?Test Results of Hydrocarbon Mixtures in Domestic refrigerators/ Freezers?, HVAC&R Research ,Volume 1, No.2, 1995, pp.22-31
- B. Tashtoush, M. Tahat , M. A. Shudeifat, ?Experimental study of new refrigerant mixtures to replace R12 in domestic refrigerators?, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 22, Issue 5, April 2002, Pages 495-506
- A.Baskaran&P.Koshy Mathews, A Performance Comparison of Vapour Compression Refrigeration System Using Eco Friendly Refrigerants of Low Global Warming Potentia . International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications.
- A.Baskaran&P.Koshy Mathews, A Performance Comparison of Vapour Compression Refrigeration System Using Eco Friendly Refrigerants of Low Global Warming Potential , International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications
- Mohanraj, Jayaraj, S., and Muraleedharan, C., ?Improved energy efficiency of HFC134a domestic refrigerator retrofitted with hydrocarbon mixture (HC290/HC600a) as drop-in substitute?, Energy for Sustainable Development, Journal of International Energy Initiative, Vol. XI, No.4, Dec. 2007, pp. 29-33
- B.O.Bolaji , Experimental study of R152a/R32 to replace R134a in a domestic refrigerator , Energy (2010)
- R. W. James and J. F. Missenden, The use of propane in domestic refrigerators ,Institute of Environmental Engineering, Borough Road, South Bank Polytechnic, London,SE1 0AA, UK, Received 10 July 1990; revised 8 October 1991
- Bilal A. Akash, Salem A. Said , ?Assessment of LPG as a possible alternative to R-12 in domestic refrigerators?, Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 44, Issue 3, February 2003, Pages 381-388
- Mohanraj, S. Jayaraj, C. Muraleedharan and P. Chandrasekar, ?Experimental investigation of R290/R600a mixture as an alternative to R134a in a domestic refrigerator?, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Volume 48, Issue 5, May 2009, Pages 1036-1042
- M. A. Hammad, M. A. Alsaad, ?The use of hydrocarbon mixtures as refrigerants in domestic refrigerators?, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 19, Issue 11, November 1999, Pages 1181-1189
- SomchaiWongwises and Nares Chimres, ?Experimental study of hydrocarbon mixtures to replace HFC-134a in a domestic refrigerator?, Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 46, Issue 1, January 2005, Pages 85-100
- Man-Hoe Kim, Byung-Han Lim , Euy-Sung Chu, ?The performance analysis of a hydrocarbon refrigerant R-600a in a household refrigerator/freezer?, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Volume 12, Number 4 / July, 2008, pages 753-760
- Gouvernement du Québec, Propane gas refrigerators, Propane gas refrigerators - Régie du bâtiment du Québec,2013
- M. Rasti a, M.S. Hatamipour a,?, S.F. Aghamiri a, M. Tavakoli b.a Chem. Eng. Dept., University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Islamic Republic of IranbR&D Dept., Entekhab Industrial Group, Isfahan, Islamic Republic of Iran.
- N.Austin1, Dr.P.Senthil Kumar2 ,Thermodynamic Optimization of Household Refrigerator Using Propane –Butane as Mixed Refrigerant, Sathyabama University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
- Moo-Yeon Lee, Dong-Yeon Lee and Yongchan Kim, ?Performance characteristics of a small-capacity directly cooled refrigerator using R290/R600a (55/45)?, International Journal of Refrigeration, Volume 31, Issue 4, June 2008, Pages 734-741
- A.S. Raut a,U.S.Wankhede b, Selection of the Capillary Tubes for Retrofitting in Refrigeration Appliances a M.Tech. III Semester Heat Power Engineering-Student, Digdoh hills, Nagpur-440016, Maharashtra State, India
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vishwadipsinh J. Ghariya, Chetan R. Patel, "Thermodynamically Evolution of LPG Refrigerator in Mobile Refrigerator ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.135-141, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151320.php