Recently, speed sensorless control of Induction Motor (IM) drives received great attention to avoid the different problems associated with direct speed sensors. Among different rotor speed estimation techniques, Model Reference Adaptive System (MRAS) schemes are the most common strategies employed due to their relative simplicity and low computational effort. In this paper a novel adaptation mechanism is proposed which replaces normally used conventional Proportional-Integral (PI) controller in MRAS adaptation mechanism by a Fractional Order PI (FOPI) controller. The performance of two adaptation mechanism controllers has been verified through simulation results using MATLAB/SIMULINK software. It is seen that the performance of the induction motor has improved when FOPI controller is used in place of classical PI controller.
Aamir Hashim Obeid Ahmed, Giddani Kalcon, Nagm Eldeen Abdo Mustafa Hassanain
Induction Motor, Speed Sensorless, Model Reference Adaptive System, Proportional-Integral Controller, Fractional Order PI controller
- Dubey, “Fundamental of Electrical Drives Fundamental of Electrical Drives”, Narosa Publication, Second Edition, 2011.
- Dheeraj and Meghna, “Comparison of Vector Control Techniques for Induction Motor Drives”, Indian Journal of Electrical Biomedical Engineer, Vol. 1, 2013.
- Kumar, Subham, Rajeev, Rohankant, Vivek, and Ghatak, "Induction Motors Operated in Vector Control Mode using Different Speed Controllers: A Comparative Study", IEEE Workshop on Computational Intelligence: Theories, Applications and Future Directions, pp. 126-132, 2013.
- Rakesh and Payal, "Performance and Comparison Analysis of Indirect Vector Control of Three Phase Induction Motor", International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 10, 2013.
- Chengaiah and Prasad, "Performance of Induction Motor Drives by Indirect Vector Method Using PI and Fuzzy Controllers", International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology, Vol. 2, No 3, pp. 457–469, 2013.
- Ashutosh and Choudhar, “Speed Control of an Induction Motor by Using Indirect Vector Control Method “, IJETAE, 2012.
- Kohlrursz, Fodar and Hungavan, “Comparison of Scalar & Vector Control Strategies of Induction Motor”, Journal of Industrial Chemistry Veszprem, Vol. 39, 2011.
- Puli, A. Venkadesan, “Comparison of Rotor Flux and EMF Based MRAS for Rotor Speed Estimation in Sensorless Direct Vector Controlled Induction Motor Drives”, IJRIT International Journal of Research in Information Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp. 130-138, 2014.
- T. Ravi kumar, Ch. Shankar Rao and Ravi Shankar, “Model Reference Adaptive Tecgnique for Sensorless Speed Control of Induction Motor”, International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, Vol. 2, Issue 5, pp. 1578-1583, 2013.
- M. Juili, K. Jarray, Y. Koubaa and M. Boussak, “Lenberger State Observer for Speed Sensorless ISFOC Induction Motor Drives”, Electric Power Systems Research, pp. 139-147, 2012.
- Dhiya Ali AL-Nimma and Salam Ibrahim Khather, “Modelling and Simulation of a Speed Sensorless Vector Controlled Induction Motor Drives System", CCECE, pp. 9781-9789, 2011.
- J. Mabrouk, K. Jarray and Y. Koubaa, Boussak, “A Luenberger State Observer for Simultaneous Estimation of Speed and Rotor Resistance in Sensorless Indirect Stator Flux Orientation Control of Induction Motor Drive”, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, No. 6, pp. 116-125, 2011.
- M. S. Zaky, M. M. Khater, S. S. Shokralla and H. A. Yasin, "Wide Speed- Range Estimation With Online Parameter Identification Schemes of Sensorless Induction Motor Drives", IEEE Transaction Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 5, pp. 1699-1707, 2009.
- Aamir Hashim Obeid Ahmed, "Speed Control of Vector Controlled Induction Motors Using Integral-Proportional Controller", SUST Journal of Engineering and Computer Science (JECS), Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 72-79, 2014.
- C. Kamal and M. Suryakalavathi, “Vector Control of Speed Sensorless Induction Motor Drives Using Stator Current Based MRAS Scheme”, Advance in Electronic and Electric Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 241-246, 2014.
- P. Kumar, D. Deshpande and M. Dubey, “Model Reference Adaptive system Based Speed Sensorless Vector Control of Induction Motor Drive”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation trends in Computing and Communication, Vol. 2, Issue 6, pp. 1554-1559, 2014.
- P. Thakur, R. Singh, “Review of Sensorless Vector Control of Induction Motor Based on Comparisons of Model Reference Adaptive System and Kalman Filter Speed Estimation Techniques”, International Journal of Computer Architecture and Mobility, Vol. 1, Issue 6, 2013.
- Cherifi, Miloud and Tahri, “Performance Evaluation of a Sensorless Induction Motor Drives Using a MRAS Speed Observer”, Journal of Current Research in Science, Vol. 2, pp. 71-78, 2013.
- D. Cafagna, “Fractional Calculus: A Mathematical Tool from the Past for Present Engineers”, IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine,Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 117-122, 2007.
- Tania K. and E. Varghese, "Fractional Order PI Controller to Control the Speed of Permanent magnet Synchronous Motor Drive", International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, ISSN: 2347-6982, Volume 2, Issue 9, pp. 47-59, 2014.
- N. Praboo and P. Bhaba, "Simulation work on Fractional Order PIl Control Strategy for Speed Control of DC Motor Based on Stability Boundary Locus Method", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), Volume 4, Issue 8, 2013.
- K. Vaithiyanathan and P. Bhaba, "Real Time Implementation of Fractional Order Controller PIl in an Air Flow temperature System", International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume 1, Issue 6, 2013.
- R. Wang and Y. Pi, "Fractional-order PI speed controller for permanent magnet synchronous motor", Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 12, pp. 69-75, 2012.
- Aleksei Teplijakov, Eduward Petlekov and Juri Pelikov, “FOMCON Fractional Order, Modeling and Control Toolbox for MATLAB”, 2011.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Aamir Hashim Obeid Ahmed, Giddani Kalcon, Nagm Eldeen Abdo Mustafa Hassanain, "Model Reference Adaptive System Sensorless Vector Control of an Induction Motor Using a Novel Fractional Order PI Controller Adaptation Mechanism", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.211-217, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151328.php