A vehicular ad hoc network (VANETs) is a upcoming technology to establish a communication between a vehicles while travelling which provide a internet connectivity. VANET provides wireless communication among vehicles and vehicle to road side equipments. The communication between vehicles is used for safety, traffic monitoring, entertainment and exchanging warning messages between vehicles. The performances of communication depend on how better the routing takes place in the network. Routing of data depends on the routing protocols being used in network. Within VANETs; vehicle mobility will cause the communication links between vehicles to frequently be broken. Such link failures increase the routing overhead and decrease network scalability. For that propose a Hybrid location-based routing protocol (HLAR). Which is generally used for repairing a link failure? HLAR is a combines feature of reactive routing with location-based geographic routing in a manner that efficiently uses all the location information available.
Mangala Gaikwad, Rakesh Rajani
Vehicular Ad Hoc Network (VANET), routing protocols, mobile ad hoc networks, AODV, geographic routing protocol.
- Marwa Altayeb and Imad Mahgoub July 2013, "A Survey of Vehicular Ad hoc Networks Routing Protocols" International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies ISSN 2028-9324 Vol. 3 No. 3
- Mohammad Al-Rabayah and Robert Malaney, "A New Scalable Hybrid Routing Protocol for VANETs" IEEE transactions on vehicular technology vol 61, no 6, July 2012
- Mr.Nikhil D.Karande, Ms.Kushal K.Kulkarni January- 2013 "Efficient Routing Protocols For Vehicular Ad hoc Network" International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 2 Issue 1, ISSN: 2278-
- Tajinder Kaur, A. K. Verma "Simulation and Analysis of AODV routing protocol in VANETs" International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN:
- Jacek Rak, Member, IEEE "Providing Differentiated Levels of Servic Availability in VANET Communications" IEEE Communications Letters, VOL. 17, NO. 7, JULY 2013
- Sung-Ju Lee, Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer, and Charles E. Perkin "Scalability Study of the Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol"
- Mangavaram .D and Vishnupriya.R March – April (2013) "Inter Vehicle Ad-hoc Communication Protocol For Acquiring Local Traffic Information" international journal of computer engineering & technology (ijcet) ,Volume 4, Issue 2, , pp. 267-274
- Monika, Sanjay Batish and Amardeep Dhiman Comparative June-2012 "Study of AODV, DSDV and DSR Routing Protocols in Vehicular Network Using EstiNet Simulator" International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 6, ISSN 2229-5518
- Kulasekaran A. Sivakumar and Mahalingam Ramkumar " An Efficient Secure Route Discovery Protocol for DSR"
- Vishwanath Reddy RD*1, Aparna KS July 2013 "A Hybrid Location-Based Routing Protocol For Vehicular Ad hoc Networks" IJESR/ Vol-3/Issue- 7/4271-4276
- C. Perkins and E. Royer, "Ad hoc on-demand distance vector routing," in Proc. IEEE WMCSA, 1999, pp. 90–100.
- Mohammad Al-Rabayah and Robert Malaney, Member, IEEE "Hybrid Location- Based RoutingIn Ad- Hoc Wireless Networks" March, 2011
- S. Jaap, M. Bechler, and L. Wolf, "Evaluation of routing protocols for vehicular ad hoc networks in city traffic scenarios," in Proc. 5th Int. Conf. ITS Telecommun., Brest, France, 2005.
- C. Lochert, Hartenstein, J. Tian, H. Fussler, D. Hermann, and M. Mauve, "A routing strategy for vehicular ad hoc networks in city environments," in Proc. Intell. Veh. Symp., 2003.
- Naumov, R. Baumann, and T. Gross, "An evaluation of intervehicle ad hoc networks based on realistic vehicular traces," in Proc. ACM MobiHoc,2006, pp. 108–119.
- H. Saleet, O. Basir, R. Langar, and R. Boutaba, "Region-based location service-management protocol for VANETs," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol.,vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 917–931, Feb. 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mangala Gaikwad, Rakesh Rajani, "VANETs Using Efficient Routing Hybrid Protocol to Increase Performance in Different traffic Scenarios ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.65-71, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET15133.php