With the advent of wireless technology, wired infrastructure is substituted with wireless infrastructure and also peoples trails have been minimized in accessing the data at different places and entry to mobility devices have reduced human trials. As we know that the size of the wireless system should be small and bandwidth constrained wireless devices, wireless networks are just some of the key challenges of the signal size and price, consumer protection, (quality of service) QoS, minimizing data rate enhancements, are fading consciousness are some of the problems in the wireless systems. Research issues and challenges of wireless networks are discussed here with the intension of giving an idea to the reader.
Konatam Tejaswi, Dr.Syed Umar
Wireless LAN , Packets, Transmission Range , IEEE 802.11 , IR-DSSS, OFDM, DSSS , FHSS, Access Point , APS, Quality of Service
- IEEE 802.11-1999, IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks Specific Requirements – Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, June 12, 1999.
- V.O.K. Li and X. Qiu, Personal Communication Systems (PCS), Proc. IEEE, vol. 83, no. 9, Sept. 1995,
- J. H.Schiller, Mobile Communications, 2nd ed., Addison-Wesley, 2003. Y. Hu and V.O.K. Li, Satellite-Based Internet: A Tutorial, IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 39, no. 3, Mar. 2001, pp. 154–62
- A.Gupta, I. Wormsbecker, and C. Williamson, Experimental Evaluation of TCP Performance in Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, Proc. IEEE MASCOTS 2004, Volendam, The Netherlands, 4–8 Oct. 2004, pp. 3–11.
- H. Singh and S. Singh, Energy Consumption of TCP Reno, Newreno, and SACK in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, ACM SIGMETRICS Perf. Evaluation Rev., vol. 30, no. 1, June 2002, pp. 206-216.
- Chip Craig J. Mathias Principal, Farpoint Group COMNET 2003Wireless Security: Critical Issues and Solutions 29 January 2003
- Sandra Kay Miller Facing the Challenge of Wireless Security July 2001
- T. Karygiannis and L. Owens. Wireless Network Security:802.11, Bluetooth and Handheld Devices. In NIST Special Publication 800-48, November 2002.
- Paulo Salvador, Ant´onio Nogueira, Rui Valadas Predicting QoS Characteristics on Wireless Networks
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Konatam Tejaswi, Dr.Syed Umar, "A Review of Issues and Challenges in Wireless Technology", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.163-167, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151333.php