In modern world more image and video compression technologies improving gradually. But major barrier of the new technologies concepts are repeated from authors. Because authors canâ€™t find in depth of the papers from various technologies. So Survey of Video Compression Techniques very helpful for these types problems in video compression areas. Video compression techniques such as DCT coding, Quantization, Entropy coding, Motion estimation are widely used in video compression techniques. The main focus of this paper is to analyse video compression techniques required for video processing especially to discover how much amount of data to compressed, which techniques is faster and visual quality better and so on. We evaluate the video compression techniques for finding compression ratio in terms of performance, speed and accuracy. We also compare video compression techniques with conventional methods.
DCT coding, Quantization, Entropy coding, Motion estimation
- MuzhirShaban Al-Ani and Talal Ali Hammouri, Video Compression Algorithm Based on Frame Difference Approaches International Journal on Soft Computing ( IJSC ) Vol.2, No.4, November 2011.
- J. Mohanalin Rajarathnam, A novel Fuzzy based Medical video compression using H.264 , Georgian Electronic ScientificJournal: Computer Science and Telecommunications 2008|No.3(17).
- Mostafa Mofarreh-Bonab,Mohamad Mofarreh-Bonab, Adaptive Video Compression using PCA Method International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887)Volume 44– No.21, April 2012.
- Detlev Marpe, Heiko Schwarz and Tomas Wiegand, “Context-Based Adaptive Binary Arithmetic Coding in the H.264/AVC Video Compression Standard”, in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. Vol 13, No.7 July 2003.
- Mitesh Shah, Hetal Patel , "Design of a New Video Compression Algorithm Using Accordion Function", International Journal of Science and Modern Engineering (IJISME) ISSN: 2319-6386, Volume-1, Issue-6, May 2013.
- Sangeeta Mishra, Sudhir Savarkar, “Video Compression Using EZW and FSBM”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 2, Issue 10, October 2012,ISSN 2250-3153.
- Charu Pandey, Satish Kumar, Rajinder Tiwari, "An Innovative Approach towards the Video Compression Methodology of the H.264 Codec: Using SPIHT Algorithms “, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-2, Issue-5, November 2012.
- Mohammad Hossein Bisjerdi, Alireza Behrad, "Video Compression USING a New Active Mesh Based Motion Compensation Algorithm in Wavelet Sub-Bands”, Journal of Signal and Information Processing, 2012, 3, 368-376.
- Ke Shen,Edward J. Delp , " Wavelet Based Rate Scalable Video Compression", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY, VOL. 9, NO. 1, FEBRUARY 1999.
- Philippe Salembier, PatrickBrigger, JosepR.Casas and MontsePardas, "Morphological Operators for Image and Video Compression", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON IMAGE PROCESSING VOL.5 NO.6, JUNE 1996.
- Dhaval R. Bhojani, Ved Vyas Dwivedi, PhD , " A Novel Approach towards Video Compression for Mobile Internet using Transform Domain Technique", International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 58– No.10, November 2012.
- EugeniyBelyaev et al., "Scalable Video Coding Based on Three Dimensional Discrete Pseudo Cosine Transform", ruSMART/NEW2AN 2010, LNCS 6294, pp 448-459, 2010.
- Cong Dao Han et al., "An Adaptive Fast Search Algorithm for Block Motion Estimation in H.264", Journal of Zhejiang University Science C (Computer & Electron), Vol. 11, No. 8, pp 637-644, 2010.
- Zhengxin Hou, Baochen Jiang, Yupeng Cao, Aiping Yang and Chengyou Wang, " Video Compression Based on Wavelet Transform and DBMA with Motion Compensation", Journal of Communications Vol. 8, No. 7, July 2013.
- R. Reininger, J. Gibson, Distributions of the TwoDimensional DCT Coefficients for Images, IEEE Transactions on Commun. Vol. COM-31, pp. 835–839, June, 1983
- F. Mueller, Distribution Shape of Two-Dimensional DCT Coefficients of Natural Images, Electronic Letters Vol. 29, No. 22, pp. 1935–1936, October 28, 1993.
- Lai-Man Po and Wing-Chung Ma, A Novel Four-Step Search Algorithm for Fast Block Motion Estimation IEEE Trans. CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY, VOL. 6, NO. 3, JUNE 1996
- Yih-Chuan Lin and Shen-Chuan Tai, Fast Full-Search Block-Matching Algorithm for Motion-Compensated Video Compression IEEE Trans. COMMUNICATIONS, VOL. 45, NO. 5, MAY 1997.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Shanta Ambalgi, "A Comparative Study of Video Compression Techniques", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.174-177, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151340.php