A Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) is a network comprising of a set of mobile hosts proficient of communicating with each other without the help of base stations. In view of the fact that MANET is an independent system of functionality equivalent mobile nodes, which have to be able to communicate while moving without any kind of wired infrastructure to this end, mobile nodes must work together to provide the routing services. A large number of MANET routing protocols have been projected in the last era. These protocols can be categorized according to the routing approach that they follow to determine route to the destination. These protocols execute variously depending on type of traffic, number of nodes, rate of mobility, etc. Routing protocols categorized into 3 categories. These are Proactive protocols, Reactive protocols and Hybrid protocols. There are Metrics which are accountable to the Performance of MANET & to achieve the Quality of Services for a mobile Adhoc network these metrics play a major role. Delay is one of the major metrics of Quality of Services. Which describes the delay of data packets at the destination node. This Paper presents the concept and approach that how we can improve the performance of MANET by decreasing the delay using any particular delay aware routing protocol. This paper also presents the comparison of different routing protocol on the basis of Delay Metrics.
Aqueel Ahmad, Aleem Ali
MANET, Delay, QoS, AODV, DSR, OLSR
- Jeroen Hoebeke et.al, "An Overview of Mobile Ad hoc Network: Applications and Challenges", Dept. of I.T (INTEC), Ghent. University, p.p-60-66, session 4, 2005.
- Salim M Zaki et.al, "A Review of Delay Aware Routing Protocol in MANET", Computer Science Letter, ISSR, vol. 1, p.p-1-12, June 2009.
- S. Basagni.I et.al,”A distance effect algorithm for mobility (DREAM)”, Proceedings of the Fourth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobicom98), Dallas, TX, 1998.
- B. Bellur et.al, “Topology broadcast based on reverse-path forwarding routing protocol”, Internet Draft, draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-06.txt, work in progress, 2003.
- Seema Dev et.al,” A Comprehensive Overview on Manet”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT), volume-3, issue-6, pp. - August 2014.
- Mohit Kumar et al,” An Overview of MANET: History, Challenges and Applications” Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE), ISSN: 0976-5166 Vol. 3 No. 1 Feb-Mar 2012
- http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_ad_hoc_network.
- The Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Study Group (GEDOC)/http://www.siam.dcc.ufmg.br/gedoc.
- Eichler, et.al, “Challenges of Secure Routing in MANETs: A Simulative Approach using AODV-SEC”, Oct. 2006, IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems(MASS).
- Andrea Goldsmith “Wireless Communications” Cambridge University Press.
- Pravin.et.at,”Mobile Ad Hoc Networking: Imperatives and Challenges”
- Dr. Torsten et.al, “Performance Comparison of MANET Routing Protocols in Different Network Sizes”, 2003.
- R.Asokan et.al, "Performance Evaluation of Energy and Delay Aware Quality of Services (QoS) routing Protocols in Mobile Ad hoc Networks", International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking, vol. 4, p.p-52-63, 2008.
- Saad M.Adam et.al,” Delay aware Reactive Routing Protocols for QoS in MANETs: a Review", vol.11, p.p-844-850, Dec 2013.
- Abolhasan et.al, "A review of routing protocol for mobile ad networks", Elsevier, ad Hoc Networks, vol.2, Issue, p.p-1-22, 2004
- Elizabeth et.al, “A Review of Current Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Network”, IEEE Personal Communication, p.p-1-10, 1999
- Kapang Lego et.al, “Comparative Study of Adhoc Routing Protocol AODV, DSR and DSDV in Mobile Adhoc NETWORK”, Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, vol.1 No 4364-371, ISSN 0976-5166.
- OPNET Modeler, http://www.opnet.com/solutions/network_rd/ modeler.html.
- The Network Simulator: ns-2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- MLAB computing, http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Aqueel Ahmad, Aleem Ali, "Performance Enhancement of Mobile Ad-Hoc Network using Delay Aware Routing Protocol ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.187-192, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151346.php