This research paper offers data compression practices and matches their performance with the help of a software .In this research paper we are going to discuss the software which compare three algorithms, This is the software which we are going to compare three compression algorithms Huffman, LZW, LZM .With the help these algorithms we capable to compress text file, audio file, video file and images files. The software is basically comparing the algorithms on the basis of space complexity, time complexity of the data after compression. Technically the purpose of the data compression is to reduce duplicity in the stored and communicated data, thus increasing effective data density, Data compression is an important application in file storage and the distributed system. So if we need to increase the performance or heighten the speed so data compression is the advantage at that moment and compressed data is always suitable to reduce the cost both for storage and communication, data compression fundamentally diminishes the size of the data in terms of bits or bytes and the reduced data need lesser disk space compare to the data without compression. We have abundant ways to compress the data like text, audio, video files .Fundamentally we have two distinct characteristics for data compression and they are lossless and lossy compression. In lossless the integrity of the data is always maintained on the other hand In lossy compression data reduce by permanently eliminating certain amount of information, especially duplicate information, when a file in uncompressed, only a part of the original information is still there, Lossy compression commonly used for the audio and the video where certain amount of information is lost which is not examined by most of the users.
Mohd Shafaat Hussain, Manoj Yadav
Compression Software, Optimized compression, Optimized Decompression , Huffman method , Lempel Ziv, Lempel Markov algorithms
- Introduction to Data Compression, Khalid Sayood, Ed Fox (Editor), March 2000.
- Burrows M., and Wheeler, D. J. 1994. A Block-Sorting Lossless Data Compression Algorithm. SRC Research Report 124, Digital Systems Research Center.
- Dr. V. Radha and Pushpalakshmi. “Performance Analysis of Lossy Compression Algorithms for Medical Images”, Journal of Global Research in Computer Science, Vol. 1, No. 4, Pp 46-50, 2010.
- James A. Storer, ?Data Compression methods and theory? Computer Science Press, 1988
- http://michael.dipperstein.com/huffma n/index.html
- ZIV, J. AND LEMPEL, A. 1978. “Compression of individual sequences via variable-rate coding”. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory 24, 5, 530–536
- Hidetoshi Yokoo - “Improved Variations Relating the Ziv – Lempel and Welch-Type Algorithms for Sequential Data Compression” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory.
- Zongjie Tu and Shiyong Zhang. A Novel Implementation of JPEG 2000 Lossless Coding Based on LZMA.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mohd Shafaat Hussain, Manoj Yadav, "Optimized Compression and Decompression Software", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.255-259, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151351.php