ETL (Extraction-Transformation-Loading) process is responsible for extracting data from several sources, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading into a data warehouse. Extraction process accesses large amount of data by executing several complex queries in source databases. These queries are repetitive and executed at regular interval to refresh the data warehouse. Extraction of data from source must be completed in a certain time window; hence it is necessary to optimize its execution time. In this paper, we delve into the optimization of queries by recommending indices which reduces cost of the queries and improves performance of the queries.
Bhadresh Pandya, S M Shah
Extraction Transformation Loading, Data Warehouses, Query Optimizer, Business Intelligence, Execution Plan of Query, Database Tuning, Query Tuning, Performance Tuning
- AlkisSimitsis, PanosVassiliadis, TimosSellis, Optimizing ETL Processes in Data Warehouses, In Proc. ICDE, pages 564–575, 2005.
- E. Malinowski, E. Zima´nyi, Hierarchies in a multidimensional model: From conceptual modeling to logical representation, Data & Knowledge Engineering, 2005 Elsevier
- Josep Aguilar-Saborit, Victor Munte´s-Mulero, Calisto ZuzarteJosep-L. Larriba-Pey, Star join revisited: Performance internals for cluster architectures, Data & Knowledge Engineering, 2007 Elsevier
- Michel Schneider, Integrated vision of federated data warehouses, Data Integration and the Semantic Web, 2006
- Songting Chen, Cheetah: A High Performance, Custom Data Warehouse on Top of MapReduce, 36th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, September 13-17, 2010, Singapore.
- Umeshwar Dayal, Malu Castellanos, Alkis Simitsis, Kevin Wilkinson, Data Integration Flows for Business Intelligence, EDBT, 2009
- XuanThi Dung •WennyRahayu • David Taniar, A high performance integrated web data warehousing, Cluster Computing, 2007 - Springer
- Benoit Dageville, Dinesh Das, Karl Dias, Khaled Yagoub, Mohamed Zait, Mohamed Ziauddin, Automatic SQL Tuning in Oralce 10g, VLDB Conference, Canada 2004
- M. GOLFARELLI, S. RIZZI, E. SALTARELLI, Index selection techniques in data warehouse systems, In Proc. DMDW, 2002
- Kurt Stockinger, Kesheng Wu, Bitmap Indices for Data Warehouses, In Data Warehouses and OLAP. 2007. IRM Press. London
- Stéphane Azefack, Kamel Aouiche, Jérôme Darmont, Dynamic index selection in data warehouses, In 4th International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology, 2007, Dubai
- Adela Bâra, Ion Lungu, Manole Velicanu, Vlad Diaconi?a, Iuliana Botha, IMPROVING QUERY PERFORMANCE IN VIRTUAL DATA WAREHOUSES, WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on INFORMATION SCIENCE & APPLICATIONS, 2008
- Kai-Uwe Sattler, Eike Schallehn, Ingolf Geist, Autonomous Query-driven Index Tuning, in International Database Engineering & Applications Symposium, Portugal, 2004
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Bhadresh Pandya, S M Shah, "Query Optimizer for the ETL Process in Data Warehouses", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.329-333, May-June-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151375.php