We provide an analytical proof that the departure rate of a CBR flow at an overloaded link with FIFO buffers is proportional to the flowâ€™s share of the total offered load at the link. Exhaustive simulations have been done to analyze results, which are evaluated for performance metrics, such as throughput, packet delivery ratio and average end to end delay. The effect of variations in simulation time, number of nodes, and speed of mobile nodes on the network performance is analyzed over a wide range of their values. It is observed that the TCP/FTP offers a far better performance for throughput than UDP/CBR; in case of PDR, former offers an almost constant trend, whereas the latter shows highly varying (rising and falling) trends in all the three aforementioned scenarios. The average end to end delay of latter is lesser than former. The results follow these trends over a wide range of simulation parameters
Awadhesh Kumar Singh, Pankaj Richhariya
Previous approach( Constant Bit Rate, Variable Bit Rate) , HYBRID mechanism, Coding, NS2 And X graph.
- Z.Wang and J. Crowcroft. “A new congestion control scheme: Slow start and search (Tri-S).” Computer Rev Vol. 21. no.1, Jan. 1991, pp.32-43.
- T. Bonald, M. May, and J. C. Bolot. Analytic Evaluation of RED performance. IEEE INFOCOM 2000
- C.V. Hollot, V. Misra, D. Towsley and W. Gong, A control theoretic analysis of RED, in: Proc of INFOCOM'2001, April 2001, pp. 1510–1519.
- Schweitzer et al., 1993] Schweitzer,P.,Serazzi,G.,and Broglia,M.(1993). A survey of bottleneck analysis in closed networks of queues.In Proceedings Performance Evaluation of Computer and Communication Systems,pages 491-508, Berlin,Germany. ACM.
- [Blake, 1979] Blake, R. (1979). Ta ilor: A simple model that works. In Proceedings Conference on Simulation, Measurement, and Modeling of Computer Systems, pages 111, Boulder, CO. ACM.
- [Blake, 1995] Blake, R. (1995). Optimizing Windows NT. Microsoft Press, Redmond, WA.
- [Breese et al., 1992] Breese, J., Horvitz, E., Peot, M.,Gay, R., and Quentin, G. (1992). Automated decision-analytic diagnosis of thermal performance in gas turbines. In Proceedings International GasTurbine And Aeroengine Congress and Exposition. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 92-GT399.
- [Buzen, 1976] Buzen, J. (1976). Fundamental operational laws of computer system performance. Acta Informatica, 7: 167-182.
- [Buzen and Shum, 1987] Buzen, J. and Shum, A. W.(1987). A unified operational treatment of rps reconnect delays. In Proceedings Sigmetrics Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems, pages 78-92, Banff
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Awadhesh Kumar Singh, Pankaj Richhariya, "Reducing Drop of Packets in the Network By Hybrid Mechanism", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.139-142, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151427.php