Knowledge of propagation characteristics in the mobile channel is important to the design of a cellular system. It is a major component in the analysis and design of the link budget of a Telecommunication system. This paper deals with the outdoor path loss bahaviour. The study has been conducted in The Polytechnic, Ibadan at GSM frequency 900MHz so as to fit a suitable propagation model within the campus and environs. The experimental data collected from measurements were compared with Cost 231 Hata model, Erickson model and free space models. The results are in good agreement with Cost 231 Hata model. The accuracy of the results is estimated by determine the mean square error between the measured and estimated path loss of the empirical model. The mean square errors, ? at different height were 2.04, 2.71, 2.90, 1.46, and 1.61dBm. The results are in good agreement with the acceptable international range 1???15dBm (Wu and Yuan, 1998).
Aremu O. A, Ajao O. S, Falade T. J, Oyinkanola L. O. A
Path Loss Models, Mean Square Error, GSM Frequency, Cost 231Hata Model, Erickson Model
- B. Castrol, M.Pinheiro, G.Canalcante, “Comparison between known comparison models, using least square tuning algorithm on 5.8GHz in Amazon region cities”, Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics application, vol.10,No.1, June 2011.
- N. Rakesh and Strivasta S.K, “ An Investigation on propagation path loss in Urban Environments for various models transmitter Antenna height 50m and different Receiver Antenna height” International Journal of Receiver and reviews in Computer Science”, vol.3, No.4. pp 1761-1 August 2012.
- Yuvraj Singh “Comparison of Okumura, Hata and Cost-231 Models on the Basis of Path Loss and Signal Strength” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol.59-No.11, December 2012.
- S. R Saunders, M.Hata, Empirical formula for Propagation loss in Land Mobile Radio Services, IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, Vol. V7 29 August 1980, pp 317-32
- N. Shabbir, M.Sadiq, T. Kashif, and R. Ullah, "Comparison of Radio Propagation Models for Long Term Evolution (LTE) Network”, International Journal of Next generation networks, vol.3, No. 3, September, 2011
- V. Erceg, L. Greenstein, “An Empirical Based Path Loss Model for Wireless Channels in Suburban Environments “IEEE Journal on Selected Areas of Communication, vol.17, pp/ 1205-1211, July 1999.
- Yu-Huel, T., Wen-Shyang, H., and Ce-Kuen, S. “The Influence of Propagation Environment in a Live GSM Network. Research Paper, Department of Electrical Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Kaohsiung, R.O.C.3-5.
- Z. Nadir and M.Idrees Ahmad “Path loss Determination Using Okumura-Hata Model and Cubic Regression for Missing Data for Oman”, Proceedings of IMECS, vol.2, 2010
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Aremu O. A, Ajao O. S, Falade T. J, Oyinkanola L. O. A, "Investigation into Path Loss Propagation at UHF Band in Low Latitude Region", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.240-243, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151429.php