Modification and atomization parameters for spur gears is technique to generate the series of same kind of model having different dimensions using standard models like PRO-E, CATIA etc. also it helpful to analyze the results with actual model. Vibration induced by gears includes important data about gearbox condition. Dynamic modeling of gear vibration used for increasing information about vibration generating mechanisms in gearboxes and dynamic behavior of gearbox in the presence of some kind of gear defects. In this paper a six degree-of-freedom nonlinear dynamic model including different gear errors and defects is developed for investigation of effects of tooth localized defect and profile modifications on overall gear dynamics. Interactions between tooth modifications and profile error are studied and the role of profile modification in dynamic response when a localized defect is incurred by a tooth is shown. It is indicated that although profile modifications and profile errors are micro-geometrical, which considerable effects on vibrations of gear pair also. Especially for the case of root relieved teeth that is shown to be more effective in reduction of vibration in the presence of tooth localized defect. Finally, the simulation results are compared with results from literature and the model. This paper introduces a method and steps based on Pro / E parametric drive to forming involute modified spur gear, with the same way to automatically generate model of base circle larger and smaller than root circle, simplify the procedures.
Automization, Involute, Pro-E, Profile Modification, Spur gear.
- Spitas, V., Costopoulos, Th. and Spitas, C., "Increasing the Strength of Standard Involute Gear Teeth with Novel Circular Root Fillet Design", American Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 1058-1064, 2005.
- Hiremagalur, Jagannath and Ravani, Behram, "Effect of Backup Ratio on Root Stresses in Spur Gear Design", Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 423-440, 2004.
- Beghini, M., Presicce, F. and Santus, C., "A Method to Define Profile Modification of Spur Gear and Minimize the Transmission Error", American Gear Manufacturer’s Association, Technical Paper, pp. 1-9, 2004.
- Yi-Cheng Chen and Chung-Biau Tsay, "Stress Analysis of a Helical Gear Set with Localized Bearing Contact", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 38, pp. 707-723, 2002.
- Chien-Hsing Li, Hong-Shun Chiou, Chinghua Hung, Yun-Yuan Chang and Cheng-Chung Yen, "Integration of Finite Element Analysis and Optimum Design on Gear Systems", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, vol. 38, pp. 179-192, 2002.
- Kapelevich, Alexander, L., and Kleiss, Roderick, E., "Direct Gear Design for Spur and Helical Involute Gears", Gear Technology, pp. 29-35, 2002.
- Parker, R. G., Vijayakar, S. M., and Imajo, T., "Non-Linear Dynamic Response of a Spur Gear Pair: Modeling and Experimental Comparison", Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 237, No. 3, pp. 433-455, 2000.
- Simon, Vilmos, "FEM Stress Analysis in Hypoid Gears", Mechanism and Machine Theor", vol. 35, pp. 1197-1220, 2000.
- Zhang, Y., Fang, Z., "Analysis of Tooth Contact and Load Distribution of Helical Gears with Crossed Axes", Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 34, pp. 41-57, 1999.
- Fredette L. and Brown M., "Gear Stress Reduction Using Internal Stress Relief Features", Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 119, pp. 518-521, 1997
- Vijayarangan S. and Ganesan N., "Stress Analysis of Composite Spur Gear Using the Finite Element Approach", Computers and Structures, vol. 46, No. 5, pp. 869-875, 1993.
- Moriwaki, I., Fukuda, T., Watabe, Y., Saito, K., "Global Local Finite Element Method (GLFEM) in Gear Tooth Stress Analysis", Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 115, pp. 1008-1012, 1993.
- Handschuh, R., and Litwin, F. L., "A Method of Determining Spiral Bevel Gear tooth Geometry for Finite Element Analysis", NASA TPP-3096m AVSCOM TR -C-020, 1991.
- Chen, W., and Tsai, P., "Finite Element Analysis of an Involute Gear Drive Considering Friction Effects", ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, vol. 111, pp. 94-100, 1989.
- Drago, R. J., and Uppaluri, B. R., "Large Rotorcraft Transmission Technology Development Program, Vol I", Technical Report (D210-11972- 1-VOL-1), Boeing Vertol Co., NASA Contract NAS3-22143) NASA CR-168116, 1983
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dharini Trivedi, "Parametric Modelling of Standard & Modified Spur Gear Using Pro-E & Analysing It by Actual Model", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.30-39, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET15143.php