Drastic development in wireless technology increased the demand for Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) applications for monitoring areas of interest. The sensible information monitored by the sensor nodes need to be securely communicated to the sink. Even after the evolution of mobility in the wireless sensor networks, a large number of application deploying static nodes. Node replication in WSN gives the attacker a chance to perform various attacks. One of the major attacks in this category was misrouting attack. The replicated node changes the route of the non-captures nodes resulting entire network compromise. We proposed an agent based security frame work which makes the non-captures nodes will not affected by the captures nodes thereby increase the resilience of the network under misrouting attack.
Rama Chaithanya Tanguturi, C. Jayakumar
Wireless Sensor Networks, Security, Misrouting, Node Replication, Agent
- V. J. Rathod, M. Mehta, "Security in Wireless Sensor Network:A Survey", Ganpat University Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 35-44, 2011.
- H. Chan, A. Perrig, and D. Song, "Random Key Predistribution Schemes for Sensor Networks", Proceeidngs of IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp.197, 2003.
- Firdous Kausar, Sajid Hussain, Tai-hoon Kim, and Ashraf Masood, "Attack Resilient Random Key Distribution Scheme for Distributed Sensor Networks", Emerging Direction in Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4809, pp. 1-11, 2007.
- Jun-Won Ho, "Distributed Detection of Node Capture Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks", in Smart Wireless Sensor Networks, pp. 345-360, 2010.
- T. Bonaci, L. Bushnell, R. Poovendran, "Node Capture Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks:A System Theoretic Approach", IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 6765 - 6772, 2010.
- K. Shaila, S. H. Manjula, J. Thriveni, K. R. Venugopal, and L. M. Patnaik, " Resilience Against Node Capture Attack using Asymmetric Matrices in Key Predistribution Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 3, pp. 3490-3501, 2011.
- Amar Rasheed and Rabi N. Mahapatra, "Key Pre-distribution Schemes for Establishing Pairwise Keys with a Mobile Sink in Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans. Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 176-184, 2011.
- B. Parno, A. Perrig, and V.D. Gligor, "Distributed Detectionof Node Replication Attacks in Sensor Networks", Proc. IEEE Symp. Security and Privacy (S&P ’05), pp. 49-63, 2005.
- Mauro Conti, Roberto Di Pietro,Luigi Vincenzo Mancini, and Alessandro Mei, "Distributed Detection of Clone Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON DEPENDABLE AND SECURE COMPUTING, VOL. 8, NO. 5, pp.685-698, 2011.
- M. Zhang, V. Khanapure, S. Chen, and X. Xiao, "Memory efficient protocols for detecting node replication attacks in wireless sensor networks", in proc. 17th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP’09), pp. 284-293,Oct. 2009.
- H. Choi, S. Zhu, and T. Laporta, "SET: Detecting Node Clones in Sensor Networks", International ICST Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm), pp.341-350, September 2007.
- B. Zhu, V.G.K. Addada, S. Setia, S. Jajodia, and S. Roy, "Efficient Distributed Detection of Node Replication Attacks in Sensor Networks", Proc. Ann. Computer Security Applications Conf.(ACSAC ’07), pp. 257-266, 2007.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rama Chaithanya Tanguturi, C. Jayakumar, "Agent Based Security Framework towards Misrouting Attack in Wireless Sensor Networks under Node Replication", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.203-206, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151440.php