Diversity combining is the effective to way to mitigate the effects of multipath fading. The independent signal paths have low probability of experiencing deep fades simultaneously is the fact exploited by diversity combining. In diversity combining the replicas of same information signal is combined together to obtain high SNR. The Hybrid Diversity combining techniques has been carried out to reduce the effects of fading owing to its good performance and low implementation complexity. Different Hybrid Diversity combining techniques are summarized in this paper.
Hima Pradeep V, Seema Padmarajan
Diversity Combining, Equal Gain Combining, Maximal Ratio Combining, Selection Combining, SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio).
- Andrea Goldsmith, "Wireless Communications", Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- Hoyong Lee, Sang Kyu Park and Yujae Song, "Performance Analysis of a Hybrid SEC/MRC Diversity Scheme over Rayleigh Fading", Proc. 13th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), 2011 Feb. 13-16, pp. 1115-1118.
- Mohamed-Slim Alouini, and Marvin K. Simon, "Performance of Coherent Receivers with Hybrid SC/MRC over Nakagami-m Fading Channels", IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 48, No. 4, July 1999, pp. 1155-1164.
- A Dinamani, Swagata Das, Bijendra L, Shruti R, Babina S, Kiran B, "Performance of a Hybrid MRC/SC Diversity Receiver over Rayleigh Fading Channel", Circuits, Controls & Communications(CCUBE), IEEE 2013 International Conference on 27-28 Dec-2013.
- M.K.Simon and Mohamed-Slim Alouini, "Digital Communications over Fading Channels, 2nd Ed. New York: Wiley, 2005.
- P.R.Sahu and A.K.Chaturvedi, "Performance Evaluation of SC-MRC and SC-EGC Diversity combining systems in slow Nakagami-m Fading Channel".
- Nitika Sachdeva and Deepak Sharma, "Performance Analysis of Conventional Diversity Combining Schemes in Rayleigh Fading Channel", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, vol. 2, Issue 6, June 2012.
- M.S.Chavan, R.H. Chile and S.R. Sawant, "Multipath Fading Channel Modeling and Performance Comparision of Wireless Channel Models", International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, vol.4, N0.2, 2011, pp.189-202.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Hima Pradeep V, Seema Padmarajan, "Hybrid Diversity Combining Techniques for Fading Channels", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.227-230, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151442.php