Ethanol is very widely used compound in beverages and many food applications. Ethanol has good liquid fuel properties. In the era of rapid industrialization, the demand of fuel is increasing day by day. Petrol and diesel are two major liquid fuels used in vehicles in India. The cost of fuel can be reduced if ethanol is mixed with liquid fuel. For this, it is very important to produce ethanol in cost effective manner. Ethanol can be manufactured from various agricultural raw materials like potato waste, molasses, banana waste, waste food grain etc. The current review summarizes the ethanol manufacturing by using various low cost raw materials.
Sunil J. Kulkarni, Nilesh L. Shinde, Ajaygiri K. Goswami
Feed stock, fermentation, yield, pH, temperature.
- Yixiang Xu, Milford A. Hanna and Loren Isom, "Green Chemicals from Renewable Agricultural Biomass - A Mini Review", The Open Agriculture Journal, Vol.2, pp.54-61.2008.
- Veena Ramachandran, Nisha Pujari, Tanmay Matey, Sunil Kulkarni, "Enzymatic Hydrolysis for Glucose-A Review", International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Vol. 2, No. 10, pp.1937-1942,October 2013.
- Patanjali Varanasi, Priyanka Singh, Manfred Auer, Paul D Adams, Blake A Simmons,and Seema Singh, "Survey Of Renewable Chemicals Produced From Lignocellulosic Biomass During Ionic Liquid Pretreatment", Biotechnology for Biofuels, Vol.6, No. 14, pp.1-9,2013.
- Sunil J. Kulkarni, "Use of Biotechnology for Synthesis of Various Products from Different Feedstocks -A Review", International Journal of Advanced Research in Bio-Technology,Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.1-3,July-December, 2014,
- Veena Ramachandran, Nisha Pujari, Tanmay Matey, Sunil Kulkarni, "Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Cassava using wheat Seedlings", International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Vol. 3, No. 5,pp.1216-1219, May 2014.
- A.Meenakshi, R. Kumaresan, "Ethanol Production from Corn, Potato Peel Waste and its Process Development", International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.6, No.5, pp 2843-2853, Aug-Sept 2014.
- Sheelendra Mangal Bhatt and Shilpa, "Bioethanol Production from Economical Agro Waste (Groundnut Shell) in SSF Mode", Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, Vol.5, No.6, pp.1210-1219, 2014.
- Anil Singh, Alok Singh, "A comparative overview of Bio-ethanol production from Organic Residues of Agro waste Materials", European Journal of Biotechnology and Bioscience, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp.11-14, March 2015.
- P. Udhayaraja and J. Sriman Narayanan, "Optimization For Production Of Bioethanol Using Sorghum Stovar BY Saccharomyces Cerevisiae", International Journal of Research in Pure and Applied Microbiology, Vol. 2, No.4, 64-67, 1012.
- Upendra R.S, Pratima Khandelwal, Priyanka.S, Jagadish M L, Nandhini N J, "Production Of Bioethanol From Hitherto Underutilized Agro Waste (Field Beans/Green Pea Pods Waste) Incorporating Zero Waste Generation Technique", International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 10, pp.5574-5579,October 2013.
- Jasmine Koshy and Padma Nambisan, "Pretreatment Of Agricultural Waste With Pleurotus Sp. For Ethanol Production", International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences, Vol.2, No, 2, pp.244-249, 2012.
- J. Itelima, F. Onwuliri, E. Onwuliri, Isaac Onyimba, and S. Oforji, "Bio-Ethanol Production from Banana, Plantain and Pineapple Peels by Simultaneous Saccharification and Fermentation Process ",International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.213-217, 2013.
- Sanat Rath, Ajay Kumar Singh, Harison Masih, Yashab Kumar, Jyotsna Kiran Peter, Pankaj singh,Santosh Kumar Mishra, "Bioethanol production from waste potatoes as an environmental waste management and sustainable energy by using cocultures Aspergillums Niger and Saccharomyces cerevisiae", International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp.553-563, 2014.
- Harish Kumar Reddy Y., Srijana M., Madhusudhan Reddy D. and Gopal Reddy, "Coculture fermentation of banana agro-waste to ethanol by cellulolytic thermophilic Clostridium thermocellum CT2", African Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 9, No.13, pp. 1926-1934, 29 March, 2010.
- Abul Kalam Azad, Nilufa Yesmin, Shanjit Kumar Sarker, Abdus Sattar, Rezaul Karim, "Optimum Conditions for Bioethanol Production from Potato of Bangladesh", Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, No.5, pp.501-507,2014.
- Masoud Vazirzadeh, Reza Robati, "Investigation of bio-ethanol Production from Waste Potatoes",Annals of Biological Research, Vol.4,No.1, pp.104-106,2013.
- Ajay Kumar Singh, Sanat Rath, Yashab Kumar, Harison Masih, Jyotsna K. Peter, Jane C. Benjamin, Pradeep Kumar Singh, Dipuraj, Pankaj Singh, "Bio-Ethanol Production from Banana peel by Simultaneous Saccharification and Fermentation Process using cocultures Aspergillums Niger and Saccharomyces cerevisiae", Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci, Vol.3, No.5, pp.84-96,2014.
- Akin-Osanaiye, B.C., Nzelibe, H.C. And Agbaji, A.S., "Production Of Ethanol From Carica Papaya (Pawpaw) Agro Waste: Effect Of Saccharification And Different Treatments On Ethanol Yield", African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 4, No.7, pp. 657-659, July 2005.
- Joginder Singh Duhan, Ashok Kumar and Sunil Kumar Tanwar, "Bioethanol Production From Starchy Part Of Tuberous Plant (Potato) Using Saccharomyces Cerevisiae MTCC-170 ",African Journal of Microbiology Research, Vol. 7, No.46, pp. 5253-5260,21 November, 2013.
- Nibedita Sarkar, Sumanta Kumar Ghosh, Satarupa Bannerjee, Kaustav Aikat, "Bioethanol Production From Agricultural Wastes: An Overview", Renewable Energy, Vol.37, pp.19-27,2012.
- Alemayehu Gashaw, "Bioethanol Production from Fruit Wastes and Factors Affecting Its Fabrication", International Journal of Chemical and Natural Sciences Vol. 2, No. 5, pp.132-140,1014.
- Adhip Ghosal, Soumitra Banerjee, Sayan Chaterjee, "Biofuel Precursor From Potato Waste", International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 02, No. 03, pp.213-219, Mar-2013.
- Abosede Margaret Ebabhi, Adedotun Adeyinka Adekunle, Akinniyi Adediran Osuntoki and Wahab Oluwanisola Okunowo, "Production of bioethanol from agro-waste hydrolyzed with cashew nut shell extract ",International Research Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 4, No.3, pp. 40-46, March, 2013.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sunil J. Kulkarni, Nilesh L. Shinde, Ajaygiri K. Goswami, "A Review on Ethanol Production from Agricultural Waste Raw Material ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.231-233, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151443.php