Coverage and connectivity are the two most important issues in wireless sensor network, one can improve it by eliminating redundant notes , eliminating the redundant nodes reduce computation and get high degree of coverage with connectivity with minimum number of active nodes is extremely challenging. Coverage and connectivity of the network provide high quality of service to the network it shows that how the area is covered and how accurate the information is gathered by the nodes. Maximizing the network coverage and maintaining the connectivity among the nodes in the network is a main problem. This survey includes several algorithms and techniques that address’s coverage connectivity issue.
Siddarth Tiwari, Dimit Vishwakarma
Wireless Sensor Network , Coverage , Connectivity , Sleep Scheduling, Redundant Node, Active Node, Region of Interest
- Celaozturk, Karaboga, Beyza Gorkeml,Artificial bee colony algorithm for dynamic deployment of wireless sensor networks, Turk J Elec Eng & Comp Sci, Vol.20, No.2, 2012, c_TUB'ITAK,doi:10.3906/elk-1101-1030
- Chi Lin, Guowei Wu, Feng Xia, Mingchu Li, Lin Yao, Zhongyi Pei, Energy efficient ant colony algorithms for data aggregation in wireless sensor networks, Journal of Computer and System Sciences 78 (2012) 1686-1702, 2011 ELSEVIER.
- Sudip Misra, Manikonda Pavan Kumar, Mohammad S. Obaidat, Connectivity preserving localized coverage algorithm for area monitoring using wireless sensor networks, Computer Communications 34 (2011) 1484-1496, 2011 ELSEVIER.
- Xin He,Hua Yang,Xiaolin Gui, The Maximum Coverage Set Calculated Algorithm for WSN Area Coverage, JOURNAL OF NETWORKS, VOL. 5, NO. 6, JUNE 2010.
- Mr. Mayur C. Akewar and Dr. Nileshsingh V. Thakur, Grid Based Wireless Mobile Sensor Network Deployment With Obstacle Adaptability, International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN) Vol. 4, No. 5, October 2012.
- Flávio V. C. Martins, Eduardo G. Carrano, Elizabeth F. Wanner, Ricardo H. C. Takahashi, Member, IEEE, and Geraldo R. Mateus, A Hybrid Multiobjective Evolutionary Approach for Improving the Performance of Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, VOL. 11, NO. 3, MARCH 2011.
- Yanheng Liu, LongxiangSuo, DayangSun, Aimin Wang, A virtual square grid-based coverage algorithm of redundant node for wireless sensor network, Journal of Network and Computer Applications 36 (2013) 811-817,2012 ELSEVIER.
- H. Chan, A. Perrig, and D. Song, .Random key predistribution schemes for sensor networks,. in IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy, Oakland, CA, May 2003.
- W. Du, J. Deng, Y. Han, and P. Varshney, A pairwise key predistribution scheme for wireless sensor networks,. in ACM CCS, Washington, DC, Oct. 2003.
- D. Liu and P. Ning, .Establishing pairwise keys in distributed sensor networks,. in ACM CCS, Washington, DC, Oct. 2003.
- Location-based pairwise key establishments for static sensor networks,. in ACM SASN, Fairfax, VA, Oct. 2003.
- W. Du, J. Deng, Y. Han, S. Chen, and P.K.Varshney, .A key management scheme for wireless sensor networks using deployment knowledge,. In IEEE INFOCOM, HongKong, China, March 2004.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Siddarth Tiwari, Dimit Vishwakarma , "A Survey on Redundant Node Selection Approaches in WSN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.305-308, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151458.php