Geoid modeling for India is a complex, exhaustive and continuous task because of its large area and tremendous varieties of surface. This paper reviews available geoid models for Indian Territory developed through geometric, gravimetric and hybrid methods for Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western regions and presents a summary of further scope for the geoid development in India.
Puja Shrivastava, Prof. Laxman Sahoo, Dr. M. Stalin
Geoid, Geometric, Gravimetric, Hybrid
- Survey of India, ANNUAL REPORT 2010-2011
- B.Nagarajan and V.M. Tiwari, "Geodetic and Gravity Studies in India (2007-2010)", XXV IUGG General Assembly, Melbourne, Australia, 28 June - 7 July 2011.
- Shyam Singh, "International Geoid Commission National report for India," International Geoid Commission, Activity Report, 1991-1995, pp 65-67.
- B.Nagarajan and V.M. Tiwari, "Geodetic and Gravity Studies in India (2007-2010)," Indian National Report for IUGG 2011, XXV IUGG General Assembly, Melbourne, Australia pp 20-28.
- D.C. Mishra and M. Ravi Kumar, "Long and short wavelengths of Indian Ocean geoid and gravity lows: Mid-to-upper mantle sources, rapid drift and seismicity of Kachchh and Shillong plateau, India," Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 60 (2012) 212-224.
- B.Nagrajan and S.K. Singh, "Application of Gravimetric Geoid in Mapping through Advance Surveying Techniques: A case study of Delhi area," Geomatics 2005.
- P.Banerjee, G.R.Foulger, Satyaprakash, C.P.Dabral, "Geoid Undulation Modeling and Interpretation at Ladak, NW Himalaya using GPS and Leveling Data," Journal of Geodesy (1997) 73: 79-86.
- S. Rajesh and T. J. Majumdar, "Geoid generation and subsurface structure delineation under the Bay of Bengal, India using satellite altimeter data", CURRENT SCIENCE,VOL. 84, NO. 11, 10 JUNE 2003.
- S. Senthil Kumar and A.K. Chauhan, "Fast Vertical Positioning with GPS & EGM96 Geoid Model", 6th International Conference & Exposition on Petroleum Geophysics "Kolkata 2006".
- N Srinivas1, V M Tiwari, J S Tarial, S Prajapti, A E Meshram, B Singh, and B Nagarajan, "Gravimetric geoid of a part of south India and its comparison with global geopotential models and GPS-leveling data", Indian Academy of Sciences J. Earth Syst. Sci. 121, No. 4, August 2012, pp. 1025-1032.
- K.M. Sreejith, S. Rajesh, T.J. Majumdar, G. Srinivasa Rao, M. Radhakrishna, K.S. Krishna, and A.S. Rajawat, "High-resolution residual geoid and gravity anomaly data of the northern Indian Ocean - an input to geological understanding" J. Asian Earth Sci., vol.62; 2013; 616-626.
- R.Bhattacharyya, P.K.Verma and T.J.Majumdar, "High Resolution Satellite Geoids/Gravity over the Western Indian Offshore for Tectonics and Hydrocarbon Exploration Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, Vol. 38(1), March 2009, pp. 116-125
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Puja Shrivastava, Prof. Laxman Sahoo, Dr. M. Stalin, "Geoid Models for Indian Territory", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.180-187, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET15147.php