MANET is a self organized and self configurable network where the mobile nodes move arbitrarily. Routing is a critical issue in MANET and hence the focus of this paper along with the performance analysis of routing protocols and growing interest in mobile ad hoc network technique has resulted in many routing protocol proposal. The objective of this paper is to create taxonomy of the mobile ad hoc routing protocols, and to survey and compare representative examples for each class of protocols. We compared three types of routing protocols i.e. proactive, reactive and hybrid. The performance of all these routing protocols is analysed by Q0S parameters. All the MANET routing protocols are explained in a deep way with QoS metrics.
Ankit Kumar Jaiswal, Siddarth Tiwari
MANET, Q0S, Routing, Routing protocols, Time Complexity etc.
- "Routing protocols in ad hoc networks: A survey" by Azzedine Boukerch, Begumhan Turgut,Nevin Aydin,Mohammad Z. Ahmad,Ladislau Bölöni, Damla Turgut Science Direct Volume 55 issue 13. 15 September 2011, Pages 3032-3080.
- "Ad Hoc Wireless Networks, Architecture and Protocols",by C. Siva Ram Murthy and B.S Manoj Prentice Hall PTR, 2004.
- "Mobile Ad Hoc Networks",by Stefano Basagni, Macro Conti, Silvia Giordano and Ivan Stojmenovic, IEEE press, A john Wily & Sons, INC. publication, 2003.
- A Position-Based QoS Routing Scheme for UWB Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", by A. Abdrabou and W. Zhuang, IEEE JSAC, vol.24, Apr. 2006, pp. 850-56.
- "A Taxonomy for Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks"by L.M. Feeney, SICS Technical Report T99/07, October 1999.http://www.sics.se/~lmfeeney/research.html
- "An overview of mobile ad-hoc network for the existing protocol and application" By Saleh Ali K.Al-Omari, Putra Sumari.International journal on application of graph theory in wireless ad hoc network and SN.Vol2,No.1,March 2010.
- "Performance Evaluation of AODV, DSDV & DSR Routing Protocol in Grid Environment" By Nor Surayati Mohamad Usop, Azizol Abdullah, Ahmad Faisal Amri Abidin. paper.ijcsns.org.
- "QoS Parameters Analysis to Improve QoS in MANETs Routing Protocol" by I.Panda, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (IJARCSEE) Volume 1, Issue 7, September 2012.page 43-49.
- "An Application-Aware QoS Routing Scheme with Improved Stability for Multimedia Applications in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", by M. Wang and G.-S. Kuo,Proc. IEEE Vehic. Tech. Conf., Sept. 2005, pp. 1901-05.
- "Study of Zone Based Multicast Routing Protocols in MANETs" by Indumathi.G1, Sindhuja. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 1, Issue 6, August 2012.
- "An Efficient Routing Protocol for Wireless Networks" by S. Murphy, J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves, ACM Mobile Networks and Applications Journal, pages 183-197, Nov.1996.http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/10238.html
- "QoS for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" Diploma Thesis of Patrick Stüdi,Assistant: Jianbo Xue, ETH. March 2003.
- "A Review of Current Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks" by Elizabeth M. Royer,University of California, Santa Barbara Chai-Keong Toh, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- "Routing Protocols for Ad-Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks", IEEE Personal Communications Magazine, April 1999, pp. 46-55.
- "A novel routing protocol considering QoS parameter in MANET" by abbehdari, S.; Shamaei, M.; Darehshoorzadeh, A. IEEE Conference Publications 2010. QoS-ODMRP.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ankit Kumar Jaiswal, Siddarth Tiwari, "A Survey on Optimal Route Selection Approaches using Different Protocol in MANET", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.434-441, July-August-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151470.php