This study was conducted during (2014- 2015) in special educational center, Khartoum State- Sudan. The study aimed to predicting of relation between memory difficulties and language disorder among children with mathematics learning disabilities. Researcher used descriptive methods, by applied memory difficulties and language disorder questionnaire which designed by researcher. The community of this study consisted from teachers of children with learning disabilities. Sample was chosen randomly included (40) teachers. Researcher used statistical package for social sciences program (SPSS). Finally, the results are indicate that: The predicting of relationship between memory difficulties and language disorder among pupils with mathematics learning disabilities is significant, the level of memory difficulties among children with mathematics learning disabilities is above moderate and the level of language disorder among pupils with mathematics learning disabilities, is above moderate.
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed
Memory difficulties, Language Disorder, Children with mathematics learning disabilities.
- De Jaeger. X et al (2014)Characterization of Spatial Memory Reconsolidation, Learning & Memory, v21 n6 p316-324 Jun 2014.
- De Weerdt. F et al (2013) Working Memory in Children With Reading Disabilities and/or Mathematical Disabilities, J Learn Disabil, September 1, 2013 46: 461-472, Ghent, 9000, Belgium.
- Deacon. H et al (2014) The Representation of Roots in the Spelling of Children With Specific Language Impairment, J Learn Disabil January/February 2014 47: 13-21, first published on November 12, 2013 doi:10.1177/0022219413509965, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Donald J. Mabbott & Bisanz. J(2008)Computational Skills, Working Memory, and Conceptual Knowledge in Older Children With Mathematics Learning Disabilities, J Learn Disabil, January/February 2008; 41(1) : pp. 15-28, University of Toronto, Ontario
- Ellen R. Swannell & Stephen A. Dewhurst (2012) Phonological False Memories in Children and Adults: Evidence for a Developmental Reversal, Journal of Memory and Language, 66 (2): p376-383 Feb 2012.
- Emi. I et al (2008)Contributions of Language and Memory Demands to Verbal Memory Performance in Language-Learning Disabilities, Journal of Communication Disorders, 41 (6) p512-530 Nov-Dec 2008
- Gregory J. Benner et al (2009)Types of Language Disorders in Students Classified as ED: Prevalence and Association with Learning Disabilities and Psychopathology, Education and Treatment of Children, 32 (4 ): p631-653 2009.
- Jaclyn Hennessey. F et al(2011)Differential Neural Activity during Search of Specific and General Autobiographical Memories Elicited by Musical Cues, Neuropsychologia, 49 (9) p2514-2526 Jul 2011.
- James D. Oyler et al (2012) Verbal Learning and Memory Functions in Adolescents With Reading Disabilities Learning Disability Quarterly August 1, 2012 35: 184-195, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA.
- Jarrad A. G. Lum & Dorthe . B (2012) Declarative and Procedural Memory in Danish Speaking Children with Specific Language Impairment, Journal of Communication Disorders, 45 (1): p46-58 Jan-Feb 2012.
- Julia A. Englund et al (2014) Development and Evaluation of an Online, Multicomponent Working Memory Battery, October 1, 2014 21: 543-56,1University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA.
- Kerry. L et al (2014) Interaction between Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Factors: The Influences of Academic Goal Orientation and Working Memory on Mathematical Performance, Educational Psychology, 34 (1): p73-91 2014.
- Lynn S. Fuchs. et al (2012)The Early Prevention of Mathematics Difficulty: Its Power and Limitations,J Learn Disabil, May/June 2012; 45( 3) : pp. 257-269., first published on April 6, 2012, 1Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
- Michael J. Orosco et al (2013) The Effects of Dynamic Strategic Math on English Language Learners' Word Problem Solving, J Spec Educ August 1, 2013 47: 96-107, University of California at Riverside, USA.
- Passolunghi. C. Maria & Irene Cristina Mammarella(2011) Selective Spatial Working Memory Impairment in a Group of Children With Mathematics Learning Disabilities and Poor Problem-Solving Skills, J Learn Disabil, July/August 2012,. 45( 4) : pp. 341-350., first published on March 28, 2011, Faculty of Psychology, University of Trieste, Italy Department of Developmental and Social Psychology, University of Padova, Italy.
- Pelegrina.S et al (2014) Magnitude Representation and Working Memory Updating in Children With Arithmetic and Reading Comprehension Disabilities, J Learn Disabil, 0022219414527480, first published on March 31, 2014, Department of Psychology, University of Jaén, Spain.
- Peng. P& Fuchs. D (2015)A Randomized Control Trial of Working Memory Training With and Without Strategy Instruction Effects on Young Children’s Working Memory and Comprehension, J Learn Disabil July 8, 2015 0: 0022219415594609v1-2221941559460.
- Pfannenstiel .H. Kathleen et al (2015) Cognitive Strategy Instruction for Teaching Word Problems to Primary-Level Struggling Students Intervention in School and Clinic May 1, 2015 50: 291-296, University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- Proctor. B & Proctor. (2012) Relationships Between Cattell–Horn–Carroll (CHC) Cognitive Abilities and Math Achievement Within a Sample of College Students With Learning Disabilities, J Learn Disabil, May/June 2012; 45( 3) : pp. 278-287., first published on May 12, 2011.
- Shin. M & Bryant. P. Diane (2015)A Synthesis of Mathematical and Cognitive Performances of Students With Mathematics Learning Disabilities, J Learn Disabil , January 1, 2015 48: 96-112, University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- Sideridis. G & Susana Padeliadu(2013) Creating a Brief Rating Scale for the Assessment of Learning Disabilities Using Reliability and True Score Estimates of the Scale’s Items Based on the Rasch Model, J Learn Disabil March/April 2013 46: 115-132, first published on June 17, 2011doi:10.1177/0022219411407924, University of Crete, Rethymno, Greece.
- Swanson. H. Lee (1994) Short-Term Memory and Working Memory: Do Both Contribute to Our Understanding of Academic Achievement in Children and Adults with Learning Disabilities? J Learn Disabil, January 1994; 27(1) : pp. 34-50, University of New Mexico.
- Swanson. H. Lee (2011) Dynamic Testing, Working Memory, and Reading Comprehension Growth in Children With Reading Disabilities, J Learn Disabil, July/August 2011; 44(4) : pp. 358-371, University of California, Riverside, Riverside, CA, USA.
- Swanson. H. Lee et al (2009) Working Memory, Short-Term Memory, and Reading Disabilities: A Selective Meta-Analysis of the Literature, J Learn Disabil, May/June 2009; 42(3) : pp. 260-287., first published on March 2, 2009, University of California-Riverside, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swanson. H. Lee, Kehler. P & Olga Jerman(2010) Working Memory, Strategy Knowledge, and Strategy Instruction in Children With Reading Disabilities, J Learn Disabil, January/February 2010, 43(1): pp. 24-47., first published on, University of California.
- Torbeyns. J et al (2004) Strategy Development in Children with Mathematical Disabilities: Insights from the Choice/No-Choice Method and the Chronological-Age/ Ability-Level Match Design, J Learn Disabil April 1, 2004 37: 119-131, Fund for Scientific Research in Flanders,
- William. F. Brewer &, Cristina. S(2012)The Metamemory Approach to Confidence: A Test Using Semantic Memory, Journal of Memory and Language, 67 (1): p59-77 Jul 2012.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed, "Predicting of the Relationship between Memory Difficulties and Language Disorder among Pupils with Mathematics Learning Disabilities (MLD) in Khartoum State
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.134-141, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151516.php