Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) [4-5] describes a technique by which information about the environmental effects of a proposed project is collected from different sources, and then analyzed to make a judgment on whether proposed development should go ahead. By EIA we do a systematic analysis using these information. But the data so obtained are not always crisp or precise. Most of the data are not numeric, rather linguistic. Such type of imprecise data are fuzzy data  or intuitionistic fuzzy data . In this paper we study a methodology to find out the overall environmental impact on the health of neighbours to a solid wastes disposal site where waste are dumping crudely. Here we use the application of fuzzy logic and itís higher order fuzzy logic for such evaluation. To understand the methodology o, an hypothetical case study is presented here.
Sonal Bhugra, Srijit Biswas
EIA, Fuzzy Set, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Set, Fuzzy Number, Mean Fuzzy Set
- Atanassov, K.T., Intuitionistic fuzzy sets, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 20 (1986) 87-97.
- Biswas, K. Dev. R. and Pattanaik, P.K., Soft sets: An ordinal formulation of vagueness with some applications to the theory of choice. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 45 (1992) 45-58.
- Biswas, Srijit ., Environmental Impact Assessment : An Intuitionistic Fuzzy Approach, Published in the "Proceeding of the Second International Conference on IFS". Sofia, 3-4 Oct. 1998, P 23-27.
- Biswas, Srijit; Roy, Pankaj Kr; Datta, Sekhar, "Impact of Deforestation on IWRM : Assessment by Fuzzy EIA" published in ‘ International Journal of Fuzzy Systems & Rough Systems’ Vol.2(1) - 2009, pp .21-24,
- Carter, Larry W., Environmental Impact Assessment, M. Graw Bill, New York, 1977.
- Carter, Steve and Murray, Environmental Management and Law of Government, Office of Research and Development, US Environmental Protection Agency Report Feb, 1974.
- Carter, Ful and Haefner, Incorporating environmental impacts on the transportation system evaluation process, Highway Research Record 46 (1973).
- Dubois, D. and Prade, H, Twofold fuzzy sets and rough sets: some issues in knowledge representation, Fuzzy Sets and systems 23 (1987)3-18.
- Helboom and David, A. methodology For Preparing Environmental Statements, Arthur D. Little Inc. Cambridge (Aug. 1973).
- Zadeh. I.A. Fuzzy sets, Infor: and Control 8 (1965) 338-353
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sonal Bhugra, Srijit Biswas, "Assessment of Sanitary Condition nearby Area of Solid Waste Disposal Site", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.218-224, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151530.php