This study was conducted during (2014- 2015) in special educational center in Khartoum state, Sudan. The study aimed to evaluate children with mathematics learning disabilities. Researcher used descriptive methods, applied evaluating children with mathematics learning disabilities questionnaire, and was designed by researcher. The community of this study consisted teachers of learning disabilities (53) teachers. Sample was chosen randomly included (22) teachers, including (8) mails and (14) females. Researcher used statistical package for social sciences (SPSS) depends on T-test for one sample, Pearson correlation coefficient. the results are as following: The indicators of evaluate children with mathematics learning disabilities is positive, the level of visual perception disorder among children with mathematics learning disabilities, is significant, the level of visual discrimination disorder among children with mathematics learning disabilities , is significant and the level of auditory processing disorder among children with mathematics learning disabilities , is significant.
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed
Visual Perception Disorder, Visual Discrimination Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder.
- Bradley. K et al. Applying the Rasch Rating Scale Model to Gain Insights into Students’ Conceptualization of Quality Mathematics Instruction, University of Kentucky, Mathematics Education Research Journal 2006, 18 (2), p.12, available on: http://ww.academia.edu/he_Rasch_Rating_Scale_Model_to
- Brandstaetter. P et al. Introduction to Auditory Processing Disorders, Minnesota department of children families learning, division of special education,2003, p.4-5,83, available on: http://www.google.com
- Brian R. Evans. Editor’s Perspective Article: Supporting Students from Underrepresented Groups in Mathematics for Alternative Certification Teachers, Journal of the National Association for Alternative Certification, 2013 Pace University, JNAAC, Spring 2013, l(8),p.17, http:llwww.eric.ed.gov/?q=teacher+certification
- Colclough. C et al. The Quality Imperative: Education for All The EFA Global Monitoring Report Team, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. available on: Paris, France, 2005, p.6, http:// unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0013/001373/137333e.pdf
- Daher, W. Preservice Teachers' Perceptions of Applets for Solving Mathematical Problems: Need, Difficulties and Functions. Educational Technology & Society Department of Mathematics, Al-Qasemi Academy, Baka, 2009, 12 (4):p.34 available on: http:// eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ860459
- Dominic. H ffytche et al. Disorders of visual perception, Department of Old Age Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry PO70, King's College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK. Journal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry (Impact Factor: 5.58). 11/2010, 81(11):p.2,3, available on: http://www.researchgate.net/…_Blom/publication/47534990
- Dowker. A. Use of derived fact strategies by children with mathematical difficulties, department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3UD, United Kingdom, Cognitive Development 24, 2009, P.401. available on: http:// www.researchgate.net/.../229128217_Use_of_derived_f...
- Esplin. J & Wright. C. Auditory Processing Disorder: New Zealand Review, A Report Prepared for the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education, The University of Auckland, New Zealand, February 2014,p.27, available on: http:// www.health.govt.nz/…ing_disorder_review_report.docx
- Evers. T. Wisconsin’s Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) Rule: A Technical Guide for Determining the Eligibility of Students with Specific Learning Disabilities, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, State Superintendent, December 2013, p.,available on: http://www. sped.dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/.../sld-guide.pdf
- Gersten. S et al. Screening for Mathematics Difficulties in K-3 Students.. University of Oregon, Center on Instructions,2007, p17. available on: http:// files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED521575.pdf
- Gibbs. G. Dimensions of quality, The Higher Education Academy, U.K, the higher education academy, septemper,2010, p.11. available on: http://www. sparqs.ac.uk/ /E4%20Dimensions%20of%20Qual.
- Gooding. S (2009) Children's Difficulties with Mathematical Word Problems. University of Cambridge, UK, Proceedings of the British Society for Research into Learning Mathematics, November Joubert, M. (Ed.) 2009, 29(3): p31,32, available on: http:// www.bsrlm.org.uk/IPs/ip29-3/BSRLM-IP-29-3-Full.pdf
- Gray. S. A et al. Effects of a Computerized Working Memory Training Program on Working Memory, Attention, and Academics in Adolescents with Severe LD and Comorbid ADHD: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, Dec 2012, 53(12): p1277-1284, http://vidensportal.socialstyrelsen.dk/ /Opmaerksomhedsforst
- Grehan. M et al. How do students deal with difficulties in mathematics? Department of Mathematics, National University of Ireland Maynooth, CETL-MSOR Conference 2010, available on: http:// eprints.maynoothuniversity.ie/... /CM-Student-Difficulties...
- Hulme. C. & Snowling. M. Developmental disorders of language learning and cognition. Wiley-Blackwell, UK,2009, available on: http:// www.wiley.com/…WileyTitle/productCd-0631206116.htm
- Jay R. Lucker. Auditory Processing: What is it Like to Have an Auditory Processing Disorder? Dept of Communication Sciences & Disorders, Howard University-Washington, DC December 2012, available on: http://www.ncapd.org/uploads/APD_simulation_aug_2012.pdf
- Jordan. c. Nancy et al. Early math matters: Kindergarten number competence and later mathematics outcomes. Developmental Psychology, 2009, 45(3), 850-867. available on: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Kurtz. A. ,& NetLibrary. I. Visual perception problems in children with AD/HD, autism, and other learning disabilities: guide for parents and professionals. London: Jessica Kingsley,2006, available on: http://www.sydney.edu.au/…/Visual_Discrimination_FactSheet.pdf
- Lowe. T & Hasson. R. Assessment for learning: Using Moodle quizzes in mathematics, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Birmingham, CETL-MSOR Conference 6-7 September 2010, P39. Available on: http://www.mathstore.ac.uk/repository/CETL-MSOR_Pr
- Ní Fhloinn. E. DCU Voluntary Maths Tuition Programme Maths Learning Centre, School of Mathematical Sciences, Dublin DCU Voluntary Maths Tuition Programme, City University, CETL-MSOR Conference,2010, P57. available on: http:// www.dcu.ie/maths/people/eabhnat-nifhloinn.shtml
- Poelmans, Hanne. et al. Reduced Sensitivity to Slow-Rate Dynamic Auditory Information in Children with Dyslexia, Research in Developmental Disabilities: A Multidisciplinary Journal, Nov-Dec 2011, 32(2): p.2810-2819.avalable on: http:// https://perswww.kuleuven.be/.../Boets_PublicationList_2...
- Rachel E. Pepper et al. Observations on student difficulties with mathematics in upper-division electricity and magnetism. Science Education Initiative and Department of Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA, 27 March 2012, p.1, available on: http://www.colorado.edu/physics/EducationIssues/.../Student
- Tang. Q. Challenge in Basic Mathematics Education. United Nations Educational, Scienti_ c and Cultural Organization,2012, p.4,5, available on: http:// unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0019/001917/191776e.pdf
- Wai Lan. C. Winnie. Mathematics Difficulties: Understanding and Identification Department of Psychology, HKU, 23 Nov 2012, available on: http:// www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/tc/edu-system/.../23d.pdf
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed, "The Indicators of Evaluate Children with Mathematics Learning Disabilities in Khartoum State-Sudan", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.197-205, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151538.php