MANETs are alluring innovation for some applications, for example, salvages operations, strategic operations, ecological observing, meetings, and so forth. Notwithstanding, performing system capacities devours vitality and different assets. To spare its vitality a hub may carry on egotistically and uses the sending administration of different nodes without effectively can extremely corrupt the execution at the steering layer. In particular, nodes may take an interest in the course disclosure and support transform yet decline to forward information parcels. In this overview different routines for recognizing egotistical nodes are talked about with their key focal points. In addition a standout amongst the most essential perspectives is to propose particular conduct design creation that would let to assess neighbour conduct; I reviewed the key calculations for developing conduct design for the neighboring nodes in MANETs. In the literature there are many methods which deal with the selfish behaviour of the nodes. This paper compares different methods available for reducing the effect of selfish nodes in mobile ad hoc networks.
Sweta Kriplani, Rupam Kesharwani
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Routing Misbehavior, Selfishness, Network Security.
- S.Murthy and J.J.Garcia-Lana_Aceves, An Efficient Routing Protocol for Wireless Networks, ACM Mobile Networks and Applications Journal, Special Issue on Routing in Mobile Communication Networks, pp. 183- 197, October 1996.
- Yanchao Zhang, Wenjing Lou, Wei Liu, Yuguang Fang, "A secure incentive protocol for mobile ad hoc networks" in Journal of Wireless Networks,Volume 13 Issue 5, pp. 663-678, October 2007
- L. Buttyan and J.P. Hubaux, "Enforcing service availability in mobile ad-hoc WANs", in Proc. of IEEE/ACM MobiHoc, Boston, Aug. 2000
- L. Buttyan and J.P.Hubaux, "Stimulating cooperation in self-organizing mobile ad hoc networks," ACM Journal for Mobile Networks (MONET), Vol. 8, No. 5, Oct. 2003.
- S.Zhong, J.Chen, and Y.R.Yang," Sprite: A Simple, Cheat Proof, Credit based System for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", in Proceedings of INFOCOM,Apr. 2003
- S.Marti, T.Giuli, K.Lai and M.Baker, "Mitigating Routing Misbehavior in Mobile Ad-HocNetworks," in Proc. ACM MOBICOM, pp. 255- 265,2000.
- Pietro Michiardi and Refik Molva, "CORE: A collaborative reputation mechanism to enforce node cooperation in mobile ad hoc networks," Sixth IFIP conference on security communications, and multimedia (CMS 2002), Portoroz, Slovenia, 2002.
- Buchegger, Sonja; Le Boudec, Jean-Yves, " Performance Analysis of CONFIDANT Protocol: Cooperation of Nodes - Fairness in Dynamic Ad- Hoc Networks," in Proceedings of IEEE/ACM Workshop on Mobile AdHoc Networking and Computing (MobiHOC). IEEE, June 2002.
- Hongxun Liu, José G. Delgado-Frias, and Sirisha Medidi, "Using a cache scheme to detect selfish nodes in mobile adhoc networks " in proceedings of IEEE international Conference on Networks, pp- 7– 12, Nov. 2007
- D. B. Johnson and D. A. Maltz, "Dynamic source routing in ad hoc wireless networks," in Mobile Computing, T. Imielinski and H. Korth, Eds. Norwell, MA: Kluwer, vol. 353, pp. 153–181, 1996.
- Jerzy Konorski and Rafał Orlikowski "A Framework for Detection of Selfishness in Multihop Mobile Ad Hoc Networks in "Journal of telecomm- unications and information technology, pp 34- 40, 2009.
- G.Appenzeller, M.Roussopoulous, and M.Baker, "User-friendly access control for public network ports," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 699- 707,1999.
- H.Miranda and L.Rodrigues, "Preventing Selfishness in Open Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", October 2002. Conference on security communications, and multimedia (CMS 2002), Portoroz, Slovenia, 2002
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sweta Kriplani, Rupam Kesharwani, "A Survey on Malicious and Selfish Nodes in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.244-251, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151543.php