Drowsiness and lack of attention leads to accidents. These accidents can be avoided by monitoring the driver attention level and blinking status. So, in our proposed project work we are analyzing the mental activities of the brain using EEG signals from the Brain- Computer Interface (BCI) technology. This methodology consists of BCI which is the interface between the human brain and the level analyser unit. EEG electrode converts the muscular action into electrical signals and which is sensed by a brainwave sensor and wireless device i.e., BLUETOOTH which transmits the raw data to the MATLAB for level analyser unit (LAU) which analyse the entire status of the driver.
D. Biruntha, Mohan Raj, R. Hemalatha
Brainwave Sensor, Level Analyser Unit, MATLAB, Communication module-Bluetooth, BCI
- Yu-Kai Wang, Tzyy-Ping Jung, Fellow, IEEE, and Chin-Teng Lin, Fellow, IEEE “EEG Based Attention Tracking During Distracted Driving”, 2014.
- Wei Zhang, Bo Cheng**, Yingzi Lin “Driver Drowsiness Recognition Based on Computer Vision Technology*”, June 2012.
- Ralph OyiniMbouna, Seong G. Kong, Senior Member, IEEE, and Myung-Geun Chun “Visual Analysis of Eye State and Head Pose for Driver Alertness Monitoring”, September 2014.
- Chin-Teng Lin, Fellow, IEEE, et al “Wireless and Wearable EEG System for Evaluating Driver Vigilance”, April 2014.
- Antoine Picot, Sylvie Charbonnier, and Alice Caplier “On-Line Detection of Drowsiness Using Brain and Visual Information”, May 2012.
- F. Sauvet∗, C. Bougard, M. Coroenne, L. Lely, P. Van Beers, M. Elbaz, M. Guillard, D. L´eger,and M. Chennaoui “In-Flight Automatic Detection of Vigilance States Using a Single EEG Channel”, VOL. 61, NO. 12, DECEMBER 2014.
- S.NareshBabu, G.NagarjunaReddy “An Intelligent Robot ControlUsing EEG Technology”, Volume 4, Issue 3, March 2015.
- M. Teplan“Fundamentals Of EEG Measurement”, MEASUREMENT SCIENCE REVIEW, Volume 2, Section 2, 2002.
- Neurosky brainwave sensor for everbody,Copyright NeuroSky Inc. 2011
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
D. Biruntha, Mohan Raj, R. Hemalatha, "A Detection of Drowsiness using EEGBased Power Spectrum Analysis", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.423-426, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151570.php