Wireless Network is very broad area, which include set of nodes those communicate through radio waves. Dynamics and Portability are important aspect of Wireless Network. In this paper we present a monitoring system for a dynamic network, in which a set of domain nodes shares the responsibility for producing and storing monitoring information about a set of visitors. This information is stored persistently when the set of domain nodes grows and shrinks. Such a system can be used to store traffic or other logs for auditing, or can be used as a subroutine for many applications to allow significant increases in functionality and reliability. The features of the system include authenticating visitors, monitoring their traffic through the domain, and storing this information in a persistent, efficient, and searchable manner. From a theoretical outlook our system performs fighting fit, but it would certainly be interesting to see how it would perform in real life.
Dr. M. Sivasakthi, M. Nester Jeyakumar
Survivable Monitoring, Network Intrusion Detection, Emergency Communication
- A. Bakker, E. Amade, G. Ballintijn, I. Kuz, P. Verkaik, I. van der Wijk, M. van Steen, and A. Tanenbaum. The Globe distribution network. In Proceedings of the 2000 USENIX Annual Conference (FREENIX Track), pp. 141-152, 2000.
- C. Batten, K. Barr, A. Saraf, and S. Trepetin. pStore: A secure peer-to-peer backup system. Technical Report, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science, December 2001.
- Y. Chen, J. Edler, A. Goldberg, A. Gottlieb, S. Sobti, and P. Yianilos. A prototype imple- mentation of archival intermemory. In Proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Digital Libraries, pp. 28–37, 1999.
- I. Clarke, O. Sandberg, B. Wiley, and T.W. Hong. Freenet: A distributed anonymous infor- mation storage and retrieval system. In Proceedings of the ICSI Workshop on Design Issues in Anonymity and Unobservability, Berkeley, 2000. http://freenet.sourceforge.net.
- L.P. Cox and B.D. Noble. Pastiche: making backup cheap and easy. In the Fifth USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, December 2002, Boston, MA.
- F. Dabek, M.F. Kaashoek, D. Karger, R. Morris, and I. Stoica. Wide-area cooperative storage with CFS. In Proceedings of the 18th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles.October 2001.
- S. Elnikety, M. Lillibridge, M. Burrows, and W. Zwaenepoel. Cooperative backup system. In the USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies, Monterey, CA, January 2002.
- Jinho Ahn, Fault-tolerant Mobile Agent-based Monitoring Mechanism for Highly Dynamic Distributed Networks, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 7, Issue 3, No 3, May 2010
- R. A. Kemmer. NSTAT: A Model-based Real-Time Network Intrusion Detection System. University of California-Santa Barbara Technical Report TRCS97-18, Nov. 1997.
- J. Kubiatowicz, D. Bindel, Y. Chen, S. Czerwinski, P. Eaton, D. Geels, R. Gummadi, S. Rhea,H.Weatherspoon, W.Weimer, C.Wells, and B. Zhao. OceanStore: An architecture for global-scale persistent storage. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS 2000), pp. 190–201,2000.
- Ohaha, Smart decentralized peer-to-peer sharing. http://www.ohaha.com/design.html
- P.A. Porras and P.G. Neumann. EMERALD: Event Monitoring Enabling Responses to Anomalous Live Disturbances. In 19th National Information System Security Conference (NISSC), 1997.
- S. Rhea, C. Wells, P. Eaton, D. Geels, B. Zhao, H. Weatherspoon, and J. Kubiatowicz. Maintenance-free global data storage. IEEE Internet Computing, 5(5):40-49, Sept. 2001.
- C. Riley, C. Scheideler. Guaranteed Broadcasting Using SPON: Supervised Peer Overlay Network. Technical report, Johns Hopkins University, 2003. http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~chrisr/papers/spon tr.ps.gz.
- Rowstron A and P. Druschel. Pastry: Scalable, distributed object location and routing for large-scale peer-to-peer systems. In IFIP/ACM International Conference on Distributed Sys- tems Platforms. Germany, Nov. 2001.
- Rowstron A and P. Druschel. Storage management and caching in PAST, a large-scale, persistent peer-to-peer storage utility. In Proceedings of the 18th Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP ’01), pp. 188–201, 2001.
- S.R. Snapp, J. Brentano, G.V. Dias, T.L. Goan, L.T. Heberlein, C. Ho, K.N. Levitt, B. Mukherjee, S.E. Smaha, T. Grance, D.M. Teal, and D. Mansur. DIDS (Distributed Intrusion Detection System)-Motivation, Architecture, and An Early Prototype. In Proceedings of the 14th National Computer Security Conference, October 1991.
- S. Staniford-Chen, S. Cheung, R. Crawford, M. Dilger, J. Frank, J. Hoagland, K. Levitt, C. Wee, R. Yip, and D. Zerkle. GrIDS-A Graph Based Intrusion Detection System for Large Networks. In 20th National Information System Security Conference (NISSC), October 1996.
- I. Stoica, R. Morris, D. Karger, M. F. Kaashoek, and H. Balakrishnan. Chord: A scalable peer-to-peer lookup service for Internet applications. In Proceedings of the 2001 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications (SIGCOMM 2001), ppp. 149–160, 2001.
- Murray Turoff. Past and Future Emergency Response Information Systems. In Communica- tion of the ACM, April 2002/Vol. 45, No.4. Pages 29-32.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dr. M. Sivasakthi, M. Nester Jeyakumar, "A Study on Monitoring of Visitors in Dynamic Network", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.375-382, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151575.php