An increasing demand of fossil fuels has being a critical problem for us. The natural resources of fossil fuel are dwindling day by day. Biodiesel that may called natural fuel may be a good source or substitute for fossil fuel in future. An experiment is conducted to obtain the operating and emission characteristics of Undi Oil Biodiesel on Diesel Engine run on various Blends of biodiesel, Load Conditions and Injection Pressure. From the comparison of results, it is inferred that the engine performance is improved with significant reduction in emissions for the chosen oils without any engine modification. The effective injection pressure can be fixed based on the experimental results obtained in the engine since the findings of the present research work infer that the biodiesel obtained from Undi oil is a promising alternative fuel for direct-injection four-stroke VCR diesel engine.
Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane
Biodiesel, Undi oil, Transesterification, Various Injection Pressure, Biodiesel Blends, Engine Loads Performance & Emission Characteristics.
- Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane, Honne Oil Biodiesel – Alternative Fuel for CI Engine, IJSRSET1522124 | March April 2015 [Volume 1, Issue 2, Pages : 433-435.
- Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, SV Chanapattana, Abhay A Pawar,
- Performance Test of CI Engine fueled with Undi Oil Biodiesel under Variation in Blend Proportion, Compression Ratio & Engine Load, IJSETR, Volume 3, Issue 8, August 2014, Pages : 2197-2205.
- Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane, Performance Test of CI Engine fueled with Undi Oil Biodiesel under Variation in Injection Pressure, Blend Proportion & Engine Load, JECET, June-August 2015, Sec. A, Volume 4.No.3, 427-436.
- Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Swapnil Ambhore, Aquib Shaikh, Experimental Investigation of Emission Characteristics of Calophyllum Inophyllum Linn (Honne) Oil as Alternative Fuel in CI Engine, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 6, June-2014, Pages : 627-630.
- Venkanna B K, Venkataramana Reddy C, Wadawadagi S B.Performance, emission and combustion characteristics of direct injection diesel engine running on rice bran oil / diesel fuel blend. International Journal of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, 2009; 2: 131–137.
- Murugu M. K. K., Mohanraj T. And Rajamohan G “Investigation On The Performance Of Diesel Engine Using Various Bio-Fuels And The Effect Of Temperature Variation” Journal of Sustainable Development, Volume-2,No.3,November 2009, www.ccsenet.org/journal.htmlparticles
- Bajpai S, Sahoo P K, Das L M. Feasibility of blending karanja vegetable oil in petro-diesel and utilization in a direct injection diesel engine. Fuel, 2009; 88: 705–711.
- Agarwal A K, Rajamanoharan K. Experimental Investigations of performance and emissions of karanja oil and its blends in a single cylinder agricultural, diesel engine. Applied Energy, 2009; 86: 106–112.
- Desantes J M, Arregle J, Ruiz S, Delage A. Characterization of the injection-combustion process in a D.I. diesel engine running with rape oil methyl ester. SAE, 1999; Paper no. 1999-01–1497.
- Schlick M L, Hanna M A, Scinstock J L. Soya bean and sunflower oil performance in a diesel engine. Transactions of ASAE, 1988; 31: 1345 –9.
- FK Forson, EK Oduro, E Hammond-Donkoh, “Performance Of Jatropha Oil Blends In A Diesel Engine”, Renewable Energy 29 (2004)1135–1145, Elsevier Ltd.doi:10.1016/j.renene.2003.11.002
- K. Naima and A. Liazid, “Waste Oils As Alternative Fuel For Diesel Engine - A Review”, Journal of Petroleum Technology and Alternative Fuels Vol. 4(3), pp. 30-43, March 2013 Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/JPTAF DOI: 10.5897/JPTAF12.026 ©2013 Academic Journals.
- B Deepanraj, C. Dhanesh, R. Senthil, M. Kannan, A. Santhoshkumar and P. Lawrence, “Use Of Palm Oil Biodiesel Blends As A Fuel For Compression Ignition Engine”, American Journal of Applied Sciences 8 (11): 1154-1158, 2011, ISSN 1546-9239, © 2011 Science Publications.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane, "Optimizing Performance of CI Engine fueled with Undi Oil Biodiesel ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.399-406, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151586.php