Torsion bar suspension is commonly used on tracked vehicles, although there are some wheel driven vehicles using this type of suspension. The suspension works by having one end of the bar fixed in position on the vehicle chassis to prevent rotation, whilst the other end is connected to a control arm and wheel hub. The control arm is fixed to the chassis using rubber bushings which allow only vertical movement about the mounting points. The torsion bar is connected to the control arm through a number of splines which translate the vertical movement of the control arm into a rotational or torsional force. This paper tries to give an idea about the previous researches & their finding about study of Torsion Bar, Static analysis (FEA) of torsion bar and study related applications of composite materials.
Kumbar R. B., Dr. Sonawane C. R., Pranav N Abhyankar
Torsion Bar, Control Arm, Composite Material FEA, Rubber Bushings, Spline
- Prof. Laxminarayan Sidram Kanna, Prof. S. V. Tare, Prof. A. M. Kalje, “Feasibility of hallow stability bar” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, PP 76-80, 2014.
- P. M. Bora and Dr. P. K. Sharma, “Vehicle Anti-Roll Bar Analyzed using Fea Tool Ansys”, International Journal of Advanced Technology in Engineering and Science, Volume No.02, Issue No. 07, PP 130-136,July 2014.
- Hani Aziz Ameen, Khairia Salman Hassan, Muwafaq Mahdi Salah, “Experimental and Finite Element Investigation of Annealing on the Torsional Aspects of Carbon Steel St35”, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Automation, .jmea.20120206.03, PP 135-139, 2012.
- Gerald R. Kress, Paolo A. Ermanni, “CFRP Torsion Bar: Load Introduction Problem”, International Conference on Composite Materials, PP 1-7, 2007.
- Yogesh Sharma “Analysis of torsion bar by the finite element technique” IJRIME Vol. 3, Issue 6 ISSN: 2249-1619.
- Ribeiro, S. and Silveira, M “Application of finite element method in the study of variables that influence the stiffness of the anti-roll bar and the body roll” SAE Technical Paper 2013-36-0643, 2013.
- Preetam Shinde, M.M.M. Patnaik “Parametric optimization to reduce stress concentration at corner bends of solid and hollow stabilizer bar” IJRAME Vol. 1 Issue 4 August 2014
- Rajashekhar Sardagi, Dr. Kallurkar Shrikant Panditrao “Design and optimization of passenger car torsion bar” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X PP 15-18, 2014.
- Durali, M. and Kassaiezadeh “Design and software base modeling of anti-roll system” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01 -2217, 2002.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Kumbar R. B., Dr. Sonawane C. R., Pranav N Abhyankar, "An Overview of Disarray in Finite Element Analysis of Composite Torsion Bar", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.59-62, November-December-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151595.php