Now a day's electricity is most needed facility for the human being. All the conventional energy resources are depleting day by day. So we have to shift from conventional to non-conventional energy resources. In this the combination of two energy resources is takes place i.e. wind and solar energy. This process reviles the sustainable energy resources without damaging the nature. Renewable energy sources have become a popular, the commonly used renewable sources are solar photovoltaic and wind energy systems have received a great acceptance in field of power generation for pollution free performance, free availability and for great reliability. Further development and effective use of natural resources, the hybrid systems are developed. Hybrid power systems can provide a good solution for such problems because they integrate renewable energy along with the traditional power plants. Hybrid systems are characterized by containing two or more technologies of electrical generation, in order to optimize global efficiency of the processes. Basically this system involves the integration of solar, wind with battery storage device that will gives continuous power. A simple control technique which is also cost effective has been proposed to track the operating point at which maximum power can be coerced from the PV system and wind turbine generator system under continuously changing environmental conditions. In this Paper, the modeling of hybrid Solar Photovoltaic-Wind Stand-Alone Generation System is done by using MATLAB/SIMULINK software and results are presented.
G. Joga Rao, S. K. Shrivastava
Hybrid Energy system, MPPT, Wind Energy, Solar Photovoltaic System Battery Storage, Matlab/Simulink
- B. V.Subrahmanyam, P.K.Sahoo and Madhukarreddy,” Local PV-Wind hybrid systems development for supplying electricity toindustry”Acta Electrotechnica,Vol.53,No.1,2012,pp10-15
- Sivaramakrishna & Ch.Kasi Ramakrishna Reddy,” Hybrid Power Generation through combined solar –Wind power and modified solar panel” International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) - Volume4Issue5- May 2013,pp1414
- Ropp, M.E. ; Gonzalez, S. ; , “Development of a MATLAB/Simulink Model of a Single-Phase Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System”, Energy Conversion, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 24,pp. 195 – 202, 2009
- Oriana, I.San Martín, P.Sanchis, “Wind-photovoltaic hybrid systems design”, 2010 Int. Symposium on Power Electronics Electrical Drives Automation and Motion (SPEEDAM), pp.610-615, 2010.
- Maity and S. Rao, “Simulation and pricing mechanism analysis of a solar-powered electrical microgrid”, IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 4, no. 3, p. 275–284, 2010.
- Shepherd, C.M. (1965) Design of Primary and Secondary Cells - Part 2: An equation describing battery discharge, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 112, pp. 657-66
- Salmi, M. Bouzguenda, A. Gagtli, “MATLAB/Simulink based modeling of solar photovoltaic cell,” International journal of renewable energy research, vol.2, no.2, 2012.
- Meenakshi, K.Rajambal, S. Elangovan “Intelligent controller for stand-alone hybrid generation system,” IEEE, May. 2006.
- Nabil A. Ahmed, Masafumi Miyatake, “A stand-alone hybrid generation system combining solar photovoltaic and wind turbine with simple maximum power point tracking control,” IPEMC 2006, IEEE, 2006.
- Richmond, R. (2012) The use of Lithium Ion Batteries for Off-Grid Renewable Energy Applications, http://www.righthandeng.com/rhe_mref_2012_li-ion.pdf
- Rivera, M.R. (2008) Small Wind / Photovoltaic Hybrid Renewable Energy System Optimization, MSc Thesis, University of Puerto Rico.
- Rodolfo, D.-L, & José, L.B.-A. (2005) Design and Control Strategies of PV-Diesel Systems using Genetic Algorithms, Solar Energy, 79 (1)
- Paska, P. Biczel, and M. K1os, “Hybrid power systems – An effective way of utilizing primary energy sources”, Renewable Energy,
- Shivarama Krishna, B. Murali Mohan, and Dr. M. Padma Lalitha, Dynamic modeling & control of grid connected hybrid wind/PV generation system,? IJERD, vol.10, Issue 5, pp. 01-12, May 2014.
- Tofighi, A., & Kalantar, M. (2011) Power Management of PV/Battery Hybrid Power Source via Passivity-Based Control, Renewable Energy, 36, (9), pp. 2440-2450.
- Majid Jamil, Ravi Gupta, “A review of power converter topology used with PMSG based wind power generation,” IEEE, 2012.
- Eftichios Koutroulis, Kostas Kalaitzakis, “Design of a maximum power tracking system for wind-energy conversion application,” IEEE Transaction on industrial electronics, vol. 53, no.2, April 06.
- Lin, S. yang, G.W. Wu, “Study of a non-isolated bidirectional dc-dc converter,” IET power electronics. vol.6, 2013.
- Solar Energy International (2007) Photovoltaic Design and Installation Manual, New Society Publishers.
- Souleman, N.M., Tremblay, O., & Dessaint, L.-A. (2009) A Generic Fuel Cell Model for the Simulation of Fuel Cell Power Systems, IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting, pp. 1-8.
- Sugeno, M. (1985) Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control, North-Holland, Amsterdam
- Tina, G., Gagliano, S., & Raiti, S. (2006) Hybrid Solar/Wind Power System Probabilistic Modelling for Long-Term Performance Assessment. Solar Energy, 80, (5), pp. 578-588
- Tremblay, O., & Dessaint, L.-A. (2009) Experimental Validation of a Battery Dynamic Model for EV Applications, World Electric Vehicle Journal, 3, ISSN 2032-6653 2009 AVERE, EVS24 Stavanger, Norway
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
G. Joga Rao, S. K. Shrivastava, "Modeling and Simulation of Hybrid Solar Photovoltaic-Wind System Based on Artificial Intelligence", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.452-466, September-October-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151599.php