Now a day's data security is one of key issue in information security whether it is image, audio, text etc. We are sharing image files for many causes like identity information, medical diagnosis, and study on space related issues so while we do transfer images there should be some defensive security mechanism in order to stand against vulnerably attacks on image data. There exists various techniques in cryptography for encryption of images. In this paper we studied various image encryption methods and proposed a more secured Encryption with incorporating RSA algorithm in Password key generation and we have passed same key in consecutive steps of bit rotation, extended hill cipher, modified vernam cipher, modified MSA algorithm in order to improve security of password key as well as Image encryption method.
Devashish Vaghela, Rajyalakshmi Jaiswal
Cryptography, Image encryption, RSA, Extended Hill Cipher
- Kirti Sapra, Swati Kapoor, “MODIFIED IMAGE ENCRYPTION TECHNIQUE”, (SSRG-IJECE) –August 2014
- B Acharya, S Panigrahy, Sarat Kumar Patra, and Ganapati Panda, “Image Encryption Using Advanced Hill Cipher Algorithm”, ACEEE, Vol 1, No. 1, Jan 2010
- Somdip Dey, Sriram S. Ayyar, S.B. Subin, P .K. Abdul Asis,“SD-IES: An Advanced Image Encryption Standard Application of Different Cryptographic Modules in a New Image Encryption System”
- Asoke Nath, Saima Ghosh, Meheboob Alam Mallik, ” Symmetric Key Cryptography using Random Key generator”, “Proceedings of International conference on security and management (SAM’10” held at Las Vegas, USA Jull 12-15, 2010), P-Vol-2, pp. 239-244 (2010).
- Cryptography & Network Security, Behrouz A. Forouzan, Tata McGraw Hill Book Company.
- S Dey, "SD-EI: A Cryptographic Technique To Encrypt Images", Proceedings of "The International Conference on Cyber Security, CyberWarfare and Digital Forensic (CyberSec 2012)", held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2012, pp. 28-32.
- Asoke Nath, Trisha Chatterjee, Tamodeep Das, Joyshree Nath, Shayan Dey, “Symmetric key cryptosystem using combined cryptographic algorithms - Generalized modified Vernam Cipher method, MSA method and NJJSAA method: TTJSA algorithm”, Proceedings of “WICT, 2011 “ held at Mumbai, 11th – 14th Dec, 2011, Pages:1175-1180.
- S Dey, "SD-AEI: An advanced encryption technique for images", 2012 IEEE Second International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (lCDIPC), pp. 69-74.
- S Dey, “An Image Encryption Method: SD-Advanced Image Encryption Standard: SD-AIES”, (IJCSDF) 1(2): 82-88, (ISSN: 2305-0012)
- Rajput Y, Gulve A, “An Improved Cryptographic Technique to Encrypt Images using Extended Hill Cipher”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 83 – No 13, December 2013
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Devashish Vaghela, Rajyalakshmi Jaiswal, "A Study and Modified Key Based Image Encryption using RSA Algorithm", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.185-189, November-December-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151641.php