Recent years have tremendous advances in information and communication technologies (ICT) implied in infrastructures for disaster management. Sensor networks and web services interoperable provides alert and warning systems at emergencies. Even though people in technically advanced regions remains ill prepared. The broader spectrum of devices and services makes smart and intelligent environment provides comfort and convenience, safety from intruders, and enhancing our environment for disaster preparedness. The standard-based cyber physical devices are the application system that help to minimize loss of lives and damage to property and enables social connectivity but little or nothing to help us to improve our readiness against killer tornados, major earthquakes, and landslides, floods and so on. Such devices and systems performing predict, detect & alert delivering capabilities.
Karthikeyan S, Dr. N. Kumaresan
In-situ Monitoring, M2M, Information Communication Technologies, Common Alert Protocol, standard-based cyber physical devices
- Coulter and Phillips T, "New GOES-R to Give More Tornado Warning Time," SJAA Ephemeris,; ephemeris.sjaa.net/1108/d.html. Aug. 2010
- Chee E C, Mohd-Yasin E, and Mustaph A K, "RBStrex: Hardware XML Parser for Embedded Systems," Proc. Int’ lConf. Internet Technology and Secure Transactions (ITTST09), IEEE, 2009, pp. 1-6.
- M. Klopfer and I.Simons, "SANY - an open service architecture for sensor networks", edited http://sany-ip.eu/publications/3317, 2009.
- Choi C, et al., "A Minimal Rule Engine for Context-Aware Mobile Devices," Proc. 3rd Int’l Conf. Digital InformationManagement (DIM 08) IEEE, 2008, pp. 172-177.
- N. L. Griffin and F. D. Lewis, "A rule-based inference engine which is optimal and VLSI Implementable," Technical Report, Department of Computer Science. University of Kentucky, 1989.
- EDXL-DE: Emergency Data Exchange Language Distribution Element, V1.0, http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17227/EDXL-DE_Spec_v1.0.html
- Moore L K, "The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and All Hazard Warnings" Congressional Research Service, www.fas.org/sgp/crs/home-sec/RL32527.pdf. Dec 2010; tech. report 7-5700.
- Murthy K, "Without Basements, Joplin Had Scant Refuge from Tornado", www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/31/ us-tornado-basements-idUSTRE74U6HT20110531. Reuters News, 31 May 2011
- Shinetal T C., "Strong Motion Instrumentation Programs in Taiwan," Handbook of Earthquake and Engineering Seismology, Lee W H K, Kanamori H, and Jennings P C, eds., Academic Press, 2003.
- R. Murphy, "A national initiative in emergency informatics," Computing Community Consortium, November 2010.
- R.R. Rao, J. Eisenberg, and T. Schmitt, Ed "Improving Disaster Management: Role of IT in Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Relieve", National Academic Press, 2007.
- "Harnessing information and technology for disaster management," The Global Disaster Information Network, Disaster Information Task Force Report, 1993.
- UN, Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System, http://www.gdacs.org/about.asp
- InSTEDDGeoChat: a unified mobile communications service, MESH4X: an adaptive data integration platform, RIFF, an interactive decision support environment, http://www.instedd.org/technology_overview
- T. Sakaki, et al, "Earthquake shakes twitter users: real-time event detection by social sensors," Proceedings of the 19th international ACM conference on WWW, 2010.
- S. Vieweg, et al, "Microblogging during two natural hazards events: what twitter may contribute to situational awareness," Proceedings of the 28th international ACM Conferenceon Human factors in Computing Systems, 2010
- A. Almer, et al, "Information services to support disaster and risk management in alpine areas," in Taking Geoinformation Science One Step Further, The European Information Society, Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, Springer, 2008.
- "Sensor Net: Nationwide detection of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive threats", http://computing.ornl.gov/cse_home/datasystems/sensornet.pdf, also "SensorNet" by J. Strand, http://www.ittc.ku.edu/workshops/sensornet/john_strand.pdf 2004
- "Introduction to Disaster Management Inoperability Services," http://www.cemaonline.org/DMIS/dmisCT.htm#About DMIS Web Service Release 2.3,
- FEMA, Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS),
- T. C. Shin, W. H. K. Lee, H. Kanamori and P. C. Jennings, Ed et al., "Strong motion instrumentation programs in Taiwan," in Handbook ofEarthquake and Engineering Seismology", and BATS (Broadband Array in Taiwan for Seismology), http://bats.earth.sinica.edu.tw Academic Press, 2003
- G. P. Hayes, L. Rivera, and H. Kanamori, "Source inversion of the W-Phase: real-time implementation and extension to low magnitudes," Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 80, 2009.
- "Digital signatures," http://capan.ca/cap-cp/reference/?page_id=579 and "Applying XML-signature to CAP-XML," http://capan.ca/cap-cp/reference/?page_id=1024
- N. C. Hsiao, et al., "Development of earthquake early warning system in Taiwan," Geophys.Research Letters, 36, 2009.
- "Smart networked objects and Internet of things." a white paper of Instituts-Carnot,
- E. T.-H. Chu, Y.-L. Chen, J. W. S. Liu and J. K. Zao, "Strategies for crowdsourcing for disaster situation information," WIT Transactions on the Built Environment, 2011.
- J. Ferrell, "Crowdsourcing snowstorm's westward model shift," The WeatherMatrix Blog, December 11, 2011
- The Geo SMS standard, http://geosms.wordpress.com/the-geosms-standard/
- D. Davidrajuh, "Array-based logic for realizing inference engine in mobile applications," International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organization, Vol. 1, 2007
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Karthikeyan S, Dr. N. Kumaresan, "Intelligent Gaurds against Disaster Prepared Smart Environment using MSP430 Microcontroller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.90-99, November-December-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET15166.php