Finite Element Method (FEM) is an established numerical solution technique for engineering problems in various fields. Mesh free (MF) methods are among the breed of numerical analysis technique that are being vigorously developed to avoid the drawbacks that traditional methods like Finite Element method (FEM) possess. The Element Free Galerkin (EFG) method is a meshless method in which only a set of nodes and a description of modelís boundary are required to generate the discrete equations.The aim of this paper is to find optimum value of the dimensionless size of support domain, (dmax) for different weight function and nodal distribution. The EFG method is applied to one dimensional structural problem of a bar and results obtained using MATLAB program A comparison of finite element solution has been also performed to compare the accuracy of the solutions.
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Pradip V. Savaliya
Meshfree, FEM, EFG, weight functions, Dimensionless size of support domain, Matlab
- Liu G. R., 2004, “Mesh Free Methods: moving beyond the finite element method”, Ed. CRC Press, Florida,USA,
- T. Belytschk O, Y.Y.Lu And L.GU, "An Introduction to Programming the Meshless Element Free Galerkin Method" International journal for numerical methods in engineering, VOL. 37, 229-256 (1994).
- T. Belytschko,Y. Krongauz, D. Organ, "Meshless Methods: An Overview and Recent Developments" May 2, 1996.
- J. Dolbow, T. Belytschko, "Numerical integration of the Galerkin weak form in meshfree methods" Computational Mechanics 23 (1999) 219-230 Ó Springer-Verlag 1999.
- S. D. Daxini and J. M. Prajapati, "A Review on Recent Contribution of Meshfree Methods to Structure and Fracture Mechanics Applications" Scientific World Journal Volume 2014, Article ID 247172, 13 pages
- J. Dolbow, T. Belytschko, "Numerical integration of the Galerkin weak form in meshfree methods" Computational Mechanics 23 (1999) 219-230, Springer-Verlag 1999.
- "An Introduction to Meshfree methods and their Programming" by G.R. LIU, 2005.
- "From Weighted Residual Methods
Element Methods" by Lars‐Erik Lindgren, 2009.
- "Meshfree and Generalized Finite Element Methods" by Habilitationsschrift, 2008
- "MATLAB Codes for Finite Element Analysis" by A.J.M. Ferreira, 2009
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Pradip V. Savaliya, "Optimum Value of Dimensionless Size of the Support Domain for Element Free Galerkin Mesh Free Method", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151660.php