The aims of this research work to identify parameters of EN47 spring steel material on EDM machine by applying Copper & Graphite electrodes. And pursue the influence of four design factors pulse on(Ton),pulse off (Ton) , current (I), voltage (V), and duty factor (ƞ), which are the most connected parameters to be controlled by the EDM process over machining specifications such as material removal rate (MRR) and tool wear rate(TWR) and characteristics of surface integrity such as average surface roughness (Ra) and also to quantify them.
In this paper the experiments have been conducted by using Taguchi Methodology with the DOE techniques and developed a mathematical model to predict material removal rate & average surface roughness using input parameters such as pulse on(Ton),pulse off (Toff) , current (I), voltage (V).
Patel Parth kumar S, Krunal Shah, S. J. Thanki
Electric Discharge Machining, Taguchi Method, Overcut, Electrode.
- M.Dastagiria, A.Hemantha Kumar “Experimental Investigation of EDM Parameters on Stainless Steel&En41b” in 2014,1551-1564.
- Shailesh Dewangan, Soumya Gangopadhyay, Chandan Kumar Biswas “Multi-response optimization of surface integrity characteristics of EDM process using grey-fuzzy logic-based hybrid approach”in Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal xxx (2015) 1e8
- Ravindranadh Bobbili, V. Madhu, A.K. Gogia“Modelling and analysis of material removal rate and surface roughnessin wire-cut EDM of armour materials” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal xxx (2015) 1e5
- Periyakgounder Suresh– Rajamanickam Venkatesan, Tamilperruvalathan Sekar – Natarajan Elango – Varatharajan Sathiyamoorthy“Optimization of Intervening Variables in Microedm of SS 316L using a Genetic Algorithm and Response-Surface Methodology” Journal of Mechanical Engineering 60(2014)10, 656-664
- Harjot Singh Panag, Harsimran Singh Sodhi, Harjot Singh “Optimization of Surface Roughness in EDM For AISI M2 High Speed Steel Using Response Surface Methodology” IJRMET Vol. 4, Issue 2, Spl - 2 May - October 2014
- Jun li, Shangyo Shi & shiping Zhao 2013 “Modeling and Analysis of Micro-hole in Die-sinking EDM Process through Response Surface method based on central composite design” Vol.6 No. 6(2013), pp.351-364
- Thiruppathi K, Panneerselvam T , Santosh S “optimization of edm parameters using taguchi method and grey relational analysis for mild steel is 2026”.
- Pratik A. Patil, C.A. Waghmare “Optimization Of Process Parameters In Wire-Edm Using Rsm” ISBN: 978-93-84209-23-0
- R.A. Mahdavinejad (2009) “EDM process optimisation via predicting a controller model” Received 6-05-2008.
- Dragan Rodic, Marin Gostimirovic, Pavel Kovac, Ildiko Mankova and Vladimir Pucovsky (2014) “Predicting Of Machining Quality In Electric Discharge Machining Using Intelligent Optimization Techniques” IJMECH) Vol.3, No.2, May 2014
- Saurav Datta, Siba Sankar Mahapatra (2010) “Modeling, simulation and parametric optimization of wire EDM process using response surface methodology coupled with grey-Taguchi technique” International journal of Engineering, Science & Technolgy, Vol -2 No. 5, 2010, pp. 162-183
- M.Dastagiri and A.Hemantha Kumar define “Experimental Investigation of EDM Parameters on Stainless Steel&En41b”,
- Vikas, Apurba Kumar Roy and Kaushik Kumar “Effect and Optimization of various Machine Process Parameters on the Surface Roughness in EDM for an EN41 Material using Grey- Taguchi” Procedia Materials Science 6 ( 2014 ) 383 – 390
- Milan Kumar Das , Kaushik Kumar, Tapan Kr. Barman and Prasanta Sahoo “Application of Artificial bee Colony Algorithm for Optimization of MRR and Surface Roughness in EDM of EN31 tool steel” Procedia Materials Science 6 ( 2014 ) 741 – 751
- P. Balasubramaniana, T. Senthilvelan “Optimization of Machining Parameters in EDM process using Cast and Sintered Copper Electrodes” Procedia Materials Science 6 ( 2014 ) 1292 – 1302
- F.Q. Hu, F.Y. Cao, B.Y. Songa, P.J. Houa, Y. Zhanga, K. Chena, J.Q. Weia “Surface properties of SiCp/Al composite by powder-mixed EDM” Procedia CIRP 6 ( 2013 ) 101 – 106
- Y. Zhao, M. Kuniedaa, K. Abe “Experimental investigations into EDM behaviors of single crystal silicon carbide”, Procedia CIRP 6 ( 2013 ) 135 – 139
- Schuberta,, H. Zeidlera, M. Hahna, M. Hackert-Oschätzchena, J. Schneider “Micro-EDM milling of electrically nonconducting zirconia ceramics”
- Pardeep Singh, Naveen Beri, Anil Mahajan “Determination of best parameter setting for overcut during electrical discharge machining of H-13 tool steel using taguchi method”
- J.A. Sáncheza, S. Plazaa, R. Gila, J.M. Ramosb, B. Izquierdoa, N. Ortegaa, I. Pombo “Electrode set-up for EDM-drilling of large aspect-ratio microholes” Procedia CIRP 6 ( 2013 ) 274 – 279013, 274-279
- Shailesh Dewangan, Soumya Gangopadhyay, Chandan Kumar Biswas “Multi-response optimization of surface integrity characteristics of EDM process using grey-fuzzy logic-based hybrid approach” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal xxx (2015) 1e8
- Xiao-peng LI, Yuan-gang WANG, Fu-ling ZHAO, Meng-hua WU, Yu LIU “Influence of high frequency pulse on electrode wear in micro-EDM” Defence Technology 10 (2014) 316e320.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Patel Parth kumar S, Krunal Shah, S. J. Thanki, "Experimental Analysis and Optimization of Process Parameters of EDM for EN-47 - A Review Article", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.364-368, November-December-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151679.php