Wireless sensor networks are a web of sensor nodes with an arrangement of processor and restricted memory unit implanted in it. Dependable steering of parcels from the sensor hub to its base station is the most imperative undertaking for the systems. In remote sensor systems, steering is bit more unpredictable than other wired or remote systems. The steering conventions connected for alternate systems can't be utilized here because of its battery fueled hubs. Dissimilar to different remote systems directing in WSN ought to be the vitality effective one. This paper gives a review of the distinctive steering techniques utilized as a part of remote sensor systems and gives a brief working model of vitality effective directing conventions in WSN. We have likewise analyzed these distinctive steering conventions taking into account measurements, for example, versatility bolster, security, covering. The study finishes up with the proposals to the future bearing in the vitality effectiveness model for the sensor systems.
L.N. Pandey, Neha Kushwaha
Wireless Sensor Networks, Mobility, Energy Efficiency
- Yi-hua zhu, Wan-deng wu, Jian pan, Yi-ping tang, “An energy efficient data gathering algorithm to prolong lifetime of wireless sensor networks”, Computer Communications 33(2010) 639-647.
- F.Bajaber, I.awan, “Centralized dynamic clustering for wireless sensor network” in International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, 2009, pp 193-198.
- Ameer Ahmed Abbasi, Mohamed Younis, “A Survey on Clustering Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Computer Communications 30 (2007) 2826-2841.
- Kemal Akkaya, Mohamed Younis, “A Survey on routing protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Ad Hoc Networks 3 (2005) 325-349.
- Miau Yu, Jason H.Li and renato Levy, “Mobility Resistant Clustering in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks”, Journal of Networks, Vol.1, No.1, May 2006.
- O. Younis, S. Fahmy, “HEED: A Hybrid,Energy- Efficient, Distributed clustering approach for Ad Hoc sensor networks”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 3 (4) (2004) 366–379.
- S. Lindsey, C. Raghavendra,"PEGASIS: Power- Efficient Gathering in Sensor Information Systems," IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings, 2002, Vol. 3. No. 9-16, pp. 1125 1130.
- J. Kulik, W. R. Heinzelman, and H. Balakrishnan, "Negotiation-based protocols for disseminating information in wireless sensor networks," Wireless Networks, Volume: 8, pp. 169-185, 2002.
- W.B. Heinzelman, A.P. Chandrakasan, H.Balakrishnan , ”Application specific protocol architecture for wireless microsensornetworks”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Networking (2002).
- D. Braginsky, D. Estrin," Rumor Routing Algorithm for Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the 1 st Workshop on Sensor Networks and Applications (WSNA'02), Atlanta, GA, Oct.2002.
- Y. Yu, D. Estrin, and R. Govindan,” Geographical and Energy-Aware Routing: A Recursive Data Dissemination Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks", UCLA Computer Science Department Technical Report, UCLA-CSD TR-01-0023, May 2001.
- Y. Xu, J. Heidemann, D. Estrin,” Geography- informed Energy Conservation for Ad-hoc Routing," In Proceedings of the Seventh Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking 2001, pp. 70-84.
- Intanagonwiwat, C. Govindan R. and Estrin,D. “Directed Diffusion: A Scalable and Robust Communication Paradigm for Sensor Networks”. In Proceedings of the Sixth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networks (MobiCOM 2000), August 2000, Boston, Massachusetts.
- B. Karp and H. T. Kung, “GPSR: Greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless sensor networks", in the Proceedings of the 6th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '00), Boston, MA, August 2000.
- P.Bose and P.morin. “Online routing in triangulation”. In Proc. 10th International Symbosium on Algorithm and Computation(ISAAC ‟99), pages 113-122. Springer- Verlag, LNCS 1741, 1999.
- E.Kranakis, H.Singh and J.Urrutis. “Compass routing on geometric networks. In proc. 11th Canadian conference on Computational Geometry”, Pages 51- 54, Vancouver, August 1999.
- I. Stojmenovic and X. Lin. “GEDIR: Loop-Free Location Based Routing in Wireless Networks", In International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, Boston, MA, USA, Nov. 3- 6, 1999.
- S. Basagni and et. al. A Distance Routing Effect Algorithm for Mobility (DREAM). In ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking ( MobiCom'98), October 1998
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 6 | November-December - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
L.N. Pandey, Neha Kushwaha, "A Survey on Energy and Path Selection for Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.72-78, November-December-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET15168.php