The general reasons found to revise the design of furniture manufacturing unit are: Low production capacity, conventional machines and operating tools, non-scientific design ignoring time, motion and work study, erroneous material processing and work flow directions, functional discomforts including facilities & utilities, lack of engineering concepts and ergonomics etc. Therefore, the major objectives in design of bamboo furniture manufacturing unit are: layout design based on modern engineering concepts, contemporary machine tools and tooling, skilled manpower, ergonomically designed utilities & facilities and scope for future flexibility. The factors contributing to the objectives determine final productivity.
The present paper addresses the design of factory layout for bamboo furniture manufacturing unit, but not limited to it.
Dr. Vishal V. Shukla, Prof. Rahul Waghmare
Plant layout, bamboo furniture, production capacity, working capital, payback period.
- Ahmad, M., & Kamke, F. A. (2011). Properties of parallel strand lumber from Calcutta bamboo (Dendrocalamus strictus). Wood Science and Technology, 45, 63-72.
- Anwar, U. M. K., Paridah, M. T., Hamdan, H., Abd Latif, M., & Zaidon, A. (2005). Adhesion and bonding properties of plybamboo manufactured from Gigantochloa scortechinii. American Journal of Applied Sciences (Special Issue), 53-58.
- Bauchongkol, P., Hiziroglu, S., Fueangvivat, V., Jarusombuti, S., & Soontonbura, W. (2009). Bamboo (Dendrocalamus asper) as raw material for interior composite panel manufacture in Thailand. In the 8th World Bamboo Conference Volume 8 (pp. 151-161). Bangkok, Thailand.
- Freeman, H. G. (1959). Relationship between physical and chemical properties of wood and adhesion. Forest Product Journal, 9(12), 451–458.
- Judziewicz, E. J., & Sepsenwol, S. S. (2007). The world’s smallest bamboo: Raddiella vanessiae (Poaceae: Bambusoideae: Olyreae), a new species from French Guiana. Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas, 1, 1-7.
- Latif, A., M., & Liese, W. (2002). Culm characteristics of two bamboos in relation to age, height and site, Proceedings of the 5th International Bamboo Congress and the 6th International Bamboo Workshop (pp. 223-233). San José, Costa Rica.
- Malanit, P., Barbu, M. C. & Frühwald, A. (2011). Physical and mechanical properties of oriented strand lumber made from an Asian bamboo (Dendrocalamus asper Backer). European Journal of Wood and Wood Products, 69, 27-36.
- Nugroho, N., & Ando, N. (2001). Development of structural composite products made from bamboo II: fundamental properties of laminated bamboo lumber. Journal of Wood Science, 47, 237-242.
- Sumardi, I., Kojima, Y., & Suzuki, S. (2008). Effects of strand length and layer structure on some properties of strandboard made from bamboo. Journal of Wood Science, 54, 128-133.
- Zhang, Q. S., Jiang, S. X., & Tang, Y. Y. (2002). Industrial utilization on bamboo: Technical report No. 26. The International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR), People’s Republic of Chin
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dr. Vishal V. Shukla, Prof. Rahul Waghmare, "A Plant Layout Design for a Bamboo Furniture Industry", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.95-100, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET151694.php