In this paper, a survey on approaches is proposed to protect the buffer from overflow by appropriately controlling the advertisement window to enhance the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) when the buffer becomes congested. The sender will slow down the data sending rate upon the receipt of reduced advertisement window, and hence the buffer overflow will be alleviated. To evaluate the suggested solution, a LTE network model is implemented and validated through extensive numerical experiments. It is demonstrated that the proposed approach can enhance the end to end system performance in terms of network throughput, average packet delay and jitter, as well as packet loss rate.
Ashish Saraf, Nitin Tiwari
Downlink, LTE, TCP, eNB, RED, Active Queue Management, Local Area Network , Service Level Agreement , Packet Data Convergence Protocol , sender window , DropTail, REDQueue, HTTP, FTP, QoS
- 3GPP TR 25.913 V9.0.0, “Requirements for Evolved UTRA (E-UTRA) and Evolved UTRAN (E-UTRAN) (Release 9),” Sophia Antipolis Valbonne, France: technical specification group radio access network, the 3rd Generation Partnership Project, Dec. 2009.
- C. H. Nishiyama, N. Ansari and N. Kato, “Wireless loss-tolerant congestioncontrol protocol based on dynamic aimed theory,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 7-14, April 2010.
- Q. Yang and J. Pitts, “Scalable voice over internet protocol service-level agreement guarantees in converged transmission control protocol/internet protocol networks,” IET Communications, vol. 10, no.8, pp.1026-1035, 2010.
- B. N. Yuvaraju and N. N. Chiplunkar, “PICCO: Protocol Independent Congestion Control Method Using Mobile Relays for Ad-Hoc Networks,” in Proc. ICCNT, pp.93-97, April 2010.
- D. J. Byun, and J. S. Baras, “Adaptive virtual queue random early detection in satellite networks,” IEEE Wireless Telecomms Symp., pp. 1-9,April 2007.
- Q. Y. Xia, X. Jin, and M. Hamdi, “AQM with dual virtual PI queues for TCP uplink/downlink fairness in infrastructure WLANs,” in Proc. IEEE Wireless Comms. & Netw. Conf., pp. 2137-2142, June 2007.
- IETF RFC 793, “Transmission Control Protocol,” Network Working Group, Internet Engineering Task Force, September 1981.
- K. Pentikousis, “TCP in wired-cum-wireless environments,” IEEE Communications & Surveys Tutorials, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 2-14, 2000.
- S. Pilosof, R. Ramjee, D. Raz, Y. Shavitt and P. Shinha, ”Understanding TCP fairness over wireless LAN,” Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2003, vol.2, pp.863-872, March 2003.
- F. Keceli, I. Inan and E. Ayanoglu, ”TCP ACK congestion control and filtering for fairness provision in the uplink of IEEE 802.11 infrastructure basic service set,” Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp.4512-4517, June 2007.
- 3GPP TR 25.813 V7.1.0, “Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (EUTRAN); Radio interface protocol aspects (Release 7),” September 2006.
- NS-2 on-line manual and documents, VINT project. Available from http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Main Page.
- Source code of LTE network model and traffic model in NS-2. Available from http://code.google.com/p/lte-model/.
- Q. L. Qiu, J. Chen, L. D. Ping, Q. F. Zhang and X. Z. Pan, “LTE/SAE Model and its Implementation in NS-2,” In Proc. MSN’09, pp. 299-303, Dec. 2009.
- Q. L. Qiu, D. M. Zhang and J. Ma, “GPRS network simulation model in NS-2,” In Proc. APCC&MDMC, vol. 2, pp. 700-704, Aug. 2004.
- 3GPP TS 23.107 V9.1.0, “Quality of Service (QoS) concept and architecture (Release 9),” Sophia Antipolis Valbonne, France: technical specification group services and system aspects, the 3rd Generation Partnership Project, June 2010.
- IETF RFC 2616, “Request for comments: 2616, Hypertext Transfer Protocol - HTTP/1.1,” Network Working Group, Internet Engineering Task Force, June 1999
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ashish Saraf, Nitin Tiwari, "A Survey on Reliable Communication in LTE Network", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.373-377, March-April-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1522111.php