In power industries, steam is used to perform mechanical work, such as driving a turbine, and also as a heat transfer fluid. Both functions are accomplished with steam properties at opposite ends —dry superheated steam at high end, while de-superheated steam near its saturation point at the low end. Introduction of De-superheater can effectively improve the thermal efficiency of heat transfer processes by allowing the usage of steam at its saturation point, to control unintentional superheat from reducing the pressure of steam, to protect the boiler equipment and piping from high temperatures and pressures.
De-superheater, Spray water flow, welding parameters.
- A.Nagoor Kani, Control System, First Edition.
- D.Patranabis, Priciples of Industrial Instrumentation, Second Edition.
- Curtis Johnson, Process Control Instrumentation Technology, Fourth Edition.
- R.K.Jain,Mechanical and Industrial Measurement, Sixth Edition 2003, Khanan Punlications.
- Johnathan. w.valvano, Embedded Microcomputer Systems, real time interfacing-Brooks/ Cole, 2000.
- Rajkamal,Embedded Systems Architecture, Programming and Design, TMH, 2008
- B.G. Liptak, Handbook of Instrumentation- Process Control‘
- D. E. Seborg, T. F. Edgar, and D. A. Mellichamp, Process Dynamics and Control: John Wiley & Sons, 2004.
- Liptak B G, Instrumentation Engineer’s Handbook: Process Control (Chilt Book Company I Radnor, Pennsylvania)1999, 705-750.
- Sharma S C & Gupta S, Distributed Control System and its futures cope, IPPTAJ, 15 (2) (2003) 61-65.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sathyavel Gurumurthy, "De-superheating for controlling accurate steam temperature in high pressure and temperature boiler", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.347-352, March-April-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1522114.php