In Fourth generation wireless network (4g) , increasing demand of wireless networks, to provide seamless and secure handoff has become an important factor in wireless networks. To monitor unauthorized access, modification, misuse and network-accessible resources various provisions and policies are adopted by the network in network security process. In a wireless environment, data is broadcast through the air and people do not have physical controls over the boundaries of transmissions. Some wireless products have weaker security features so to attain the higher levels of integrity, authenticity, and confidentiality, network security features need to be embedded in the handoff policies. In order to provide continuous service we proposed in a Distributed Vertical Handover Decision (DVHD) scheme, we will present a Secured Vertical Handoff Decision (Sec-DVHD) scheme using PKM(Public Key Management.
Prajwalsingh C. Parihar, Meghna R. Patil, Sachin Marke, Parul Sahare
Handoff decision, 4G, public key Management, Mobile Node, Wireless network.
- Ram tawil, Jacques Demarjien and Guy Pujolle,” Secured Vertical Handoff between 802.16a and 802.16m fourth Generation wireless network using parameter thresholding protocol”,
- Ram tawil, Jacques Demarjien and Guy Pujolle,”Secured Vertical Handoff Decision Scheme for the fourth Generation wireless network”, International conference ,IEEE 24-27 nov.-2008
- Yaw Nkansa-Gyekye and Johnson I. Agbinya,” Driven Vertical Handoff Decision scheme Algorithm for 4G wireless network”, AusWireless 2007, IEEE computer A society
- Enrique Stevens-Navarro and Vincent W.S.Wong,” Providing security in fourth Generation wireless network”, IEEE-VTC 2006
- Mcnair, J., Zhu, F., 2004. Vertical handoffs in fourth-generation multinetwork environments. IEEE Wireless Communications 11, 8–15.
- G.Mapp, D.N Cotingham, F. Shaikh, P. Vidales,L. Patanapongpibul, J. Crowcroft “ An Architecture Framework for Heterogeneous Networking” International conference on wireless information network and system(WINSYS), pp 5-10, augest 2006
- Y. Park and T. Park “A Survey of Security Threats on 4G Network” in Communication & Networking Lab. Samsung Adv. Inst. Of TechnologyGlobecom. Workshops, IEEE Washington, DC pp 1-6. 22-01-2008
- Mandeep Kaur Gondara and Dr. Sanjay Kadam” Requirements of Vertical Handoff mechanism in 4G wireless networks” International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks (IJWMN) Vol. 3, No. 2, April 2011
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prajwalsingh C. Parihar, Meghna R. Patil, Sachin Marke, Parul Sahare, "Secured Vertical Handoff between 802.16a and 802.16m for Fourth Generation (4G) Wireless Networks ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.381-385, March-April-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1522118.php