This work describes the architecture and design of an onboard digital receiver of the phase radio-navigation system for aircraft blind landing proposed in . The proposed onboard digital receiver is a special case of a multi-channel narrowband digital receiver concept. The purpose of this receiver is to receive eight different RF frequencies (in four pairs) range from 960 MHz to 963.003749941 MHz, carry on them the required analogue and digital signal processing techniques to evaluate their phase shifts and then the difference phase shifts between each pair of them. The phase measurements lead to determination of the location of the aircraft with respect to the touch point on the runway with accuracy in millimetres.
Saed Sasi, Nasar Aldian Shashoa, Sulaiman Khalifa Yakhlef
Radio-Navigation, Blind Landing, Analogue Front-End, Phase Shifts
- S. Sasi, and N. A. Shashoa, New Radio Navigation System for Aircraft Blind Landing, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2015, pp. 626-628.
- S. Sasi, and N. A. Shashoa, Problem Solutions of Phase Ambiguity and Initial Phase Shifts of the Phase Radio Navigation System for Aircraft Blind Landing, IJISET, Vol. 2 Issue 3, March 2015.
- R. Kuenzler, FPGA Boost Performance levels for Wideband Digital Receivers, March 2003 COTS Journal .
- H. T. Nicholas, III and H. Samueli, "A 150-MHz direct digital frequency synthesizer in 1.25-¹m CMOS with -90-dBc spurious performance," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 26, pp. 1959-1969, 1991.
- H. T. Nicholas, III, H. Samueli, and B. Kim, "The optimization of direct digital frequency synthesizer performance in the presence of finite word length e®ects," 42nd Annu. Frequency Contr. Symp. (USERACOM), pp. 357-368, 1988.
- J. Vankka, "Methods of mapping from phase to sine amplitude in direct digital synthesis," 1996 IEEE International Frequency Contr. Symp., pp. 942-950, 1996.
- J. Volder, "The CORDIC trigonometric computing technique," IRE Trans. Electron. Comput., vol. EC-8, pp. 330-334, 1959.
- D. De Caro, E. Napoli, and A. G. M. Strollo, "Direct digital frequency synthesizers using high-order polynomial approximation," Int’l Solid-State Circuits Conf. Dig. Tech. Papers, pp. 134-135, 2002.
- G. John, Digital signal processing : principles, algorithms, and applications /, John G. Proakis, Dimitris G. Manolakis. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Prentice Hall, c1996. 1 v.
- J. Tierney, C. M. Rader, and B. Gold, "A digital frequency synthesizer," IEEE Trans. Audio Electroacoust., vol. AU-19, pp. 48-56, 1971.
- R. Jain, H. Samueli, P. T. Yang, C. Chien, G. G. Chen, L. K. Lau, B. Chung, and E. G. Cohen, "Computer-aided design of a BPSK spreadspectrum chip set," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 27, pp. 44-58, 1992.
- L. K. Tan and H. Samueli, "A 200 MHz quadrature digital synthesizer/mixer in 0.8 ¹m CMOS," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 30, pp. 193-200, 1995.
|Published in :
||Volume 1 | Issue 3 | May-Jone - 2015
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Saed Sasi, Nasar Aldian Shashoa, Sulaiman Khalifa Yakhlef, "Onboard Digital Receiver Architecture and Design of the Phase Radio-Navigation System for Aircraft Blind Landing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.18-21, May-Jone-2015.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1522152.php