Micromanipulators should be able to accurately control gripping force in order to avoid any damage to the small size delicate objects, which are less than 1mm size. Hence gripping force determination according to application and subsequently control of gripping is an essential parameter in micromanipulators. The present work deals with the study of a Four-piezo actuated compliant micro gripper, kinematical modelling of the micro gripper and estimation of output force using Pseudo-rigid body model (PRBM) of the gripper. The study involves computation of tip displacement of the micro-gripper using the available mathematical equations and formulae and thereafter comparing the results with Finite Element Method values of the 3D model of the gripper using ABAQUS. The current research also involves calculation of the gripping force using equations of motion of one finger of the gripper using SIMMECHANICS. Finally the feedback control mechanism is developed using SIMULINK to control the gripping force.
Chintireddy Sharath Reddy, J. Jagadesh Kumar
Compliant Mechanism, PRBM (Pseudo-rigid body model), Abaqus, Simmechanics, Simulink.
- L. Howell, "Compliant mechanisms", Edition 2001, by John wiley and sons.Inc. pp. 1-256.
- Byoung Hun Kang, John T. Wen, "Design of Compliant MEMS Grippers for Micro-Assembly Tasks", Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems.
- Mohd Nashrul, Mohd Zubir, Bijan Shirinzadeh, 2009, "Development of a high precision flexure-based microgripper", Journal of Precision Engineering, Elsevier Publications, Vol.33, pp.2248-2264.
- H. Kyung, B.G. KO, Y.H. Ha, G.J. Chung, 2008, "Design of a microgripper for micromanipulation of micro components using SMA wires and flexible hinges", Journal of science direct (sensors and actuators), Elsevier publications, Vol.141, pp. 144-150.
- Mahmoud Helal, Liguo Chen, Lining Sun, and Bing Shao, 2009, "Micro/Nano Grip and Move Compliant Mechanism with Parallel Movement Tips", 9th IEEE Conference on Nanotechnology.
- K. Nah, Z.W. Zhong, 2007, "A microgripper using piezoelectric actuation for micro-object manipulation", Journal of science direct (sensors and actuators), Elsevier publications, Vol.133, pp. 218-224.
- R. AravindRaghavendra& A. Senthil Kumar &Bhat Nikhil Jagdish, "Design and analysis of flexure-hinge parameterin micro-gripper", Int J AdvManufTechnol (2010) 49:1185–1193 DOI 10.1007/s00170-009-2478-9.
- Zhuang, M. and Atherton, D.P., 1993, "Automatic tuning of optimum PID controllers," IEEE Proceedings, Control Theory and Applications, Vol. 140.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Chintireddy Sharath Reddy, J. Jagadesh Kumar, "Displacement Analysis and Output Force Estimation of A Compliant Robotic Microgripper", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.91-96, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1612519.php