For the last few years, text mining has been gaining significant importance. Since Knowledge is now available to users through variety of sources i.e. electronic media, digital media, print media, and many more. Due to huge availability of text in numerous forms, a lot of unstructured data has been recorded by research experts and have found numerous ways in literature to convert this scattered text into defined structured volume, commonly known as text classification. Focus on full text classification i.e. full news, huge documents, long length texts etc. is more prominent as compared to the short length text. In this paper, we have discussed text classification process, classifiers, and numerous feature extraction methodologies but all in context of short texts i.e. news classification based on their headlines. Existing classifiers and their working methodologies are being compared and results are presented effectively.
RSS, Support Vector Machine, Web Page Classification Method, SIU, Classifier, JAVA JDK, SDK
- http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/tj/publications/joachims 98a.pdf
- Yahoo! Driectory, http://www.yahoo.com
- Google Web Directory, http://www.google.com/dirhp
- Ee, Chee-Hong Chan Aixin Sun, and Peng Lim. ”Automated online news clas- sification with personalization.” 4th international conference on asian digital libraries. 2001.
- Kaur, Harmandeep, Sheenam Malhotra, and Fatehgarh Sahib. ”Online News Classification: A Review.”, International journal of Innovation in Engineering and Technology (IJIET), Vol. 2, Issue. 2, 2013.
- Aparicio, Roxana, and Edgar Acuna. ”Using Ontologies to Improve Docu- ment Classification with Transductive Support Vector Machines.” Interna- tional Journal of Data Mining & Knowledge Management Process 5.3 (2013).
- Selamat, A.; Yanagimoto, H.; Omatu, S., ”Web news classification using neural networks based on PCA,” SICE 2002. Proceedings of the 41st SICE Annual Conference , vol.4, no., pp.2389,2394 vol.4, 5-7 Aug. 2002.
- Dilrukshi, I.; De Zoysa, K.; Caldera, A., ”Twitter news classification using SVM,” Computer Science & Education (ICCSE), 2013 8th International Con- ference on , vol., no., pp.287,291, 26-28 April 2013.
- Tufekci, P.; Uzun, E.; Sevinc, B., ”Text classification of web based news arti- cles by using Turkish grammatical features,” Signal Processing and Commu- nications Applications Conference (SIU), 2012 20th , vol., no., pp.1,4, 18-20 April 2012.
- Agarwal, S.; Singhal, A.; Bedi, P., ”Classification of RSS feed news items using ontology,” Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA), 2012 12th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.491,496, 27-29 Nov. 2012.
- Burkepile, A.; Fizzano, P., ”Classifying RSS Feeds with an Artificial Immune System,” Information, Process, and Knowledge Management, 2010. eKNOW ’10. Second International Conference on , vol., no., pp.43,47, 10-15 Feb. 2010.
- Wikipedia contributors. ”Document classification.” Wikipedia, The Free En- cyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 14 Jan. 2015. Web. 18 Feb. 2015.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Shivani Kundra, "Internal News Classification Using Deep Learning", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.31-35, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162110.php