Sensor networks generate enormous amounts of redundant sensing data. Data aggregation techniques are required to gather and aggregate these sensor data, by which the aggregator nodes forward to the base station only the aggregate results. When a Cluster-based Wireless Sensor Network (CWSN) is deployed in an unattended environment, the sensor nodes and aggregators become highly vulnerable to various security attacks. Security violation at aggregators may lead to the routing of false data aggregates to the base station. To ensure secure aggregation and data integrity, a Robust Data Aggregation (RDA) framework is proposed in this paper. The idea is to aggregate data by varying the aggregator roles and to support integrity using a Signature-based Validation (SV) scheme. The proposed framework would enable data to be aggregated and authenticated in a robust and secure manner.
Pavithra. M, Ganesh Kumar. G, Anand Kumar. N
Wireless Sensor Networks, Cluster Head, Robust Aggregation, Data Aggregates, Network Security
- S. Bhargavi and Vishnu Prasad Goranthala, “The Impact of Collusion Attacks in WSN with Secure Data Aggregation System”, International Journal of Research, Volume 2, Issue 08, (August 2015), e-ISSN: 2348-6848.
- Guoxi Ma and Zhengsu Tao, “A Hybrid Energy- and Time-Driven Cluster Head Rotation Strategy for Distributed Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, (Jan 2013), ID 109307.
- Jaideep Lakhotia and Rajeev Kumar, “Cluster Based Routing Protocols for Mobile Wireless Sensor Network: A Review”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engg. & Technology, Vol 3, Issue 7, (July 2014), ISSN: 2278– 1323.
- Jaydip Sen, “A Robust and Secure Aggregation Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Sixth IEEE International Symposium on Electronic Design, Test and Application (DELTA), (Jan 2011), pp. 222-227.
- Kiran Maraiya, Kamal Kant and Nitin Gupta, “Wireless Sensor Network: A Review on Data Aggregation”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 2, Issue 4, (April 2011), ISSN 2229-5518.
- B. Krishnamachari, D. Estrin and S. B. Wicker, “The Impact of Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks,” in ICDCSW ’02: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems. Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society, (2002), pp. 575–578.
- Mousam Dagar and Shilpa Mahajan, “Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Network: A Survey”, International Journal of Information and Computation Technology, ISSN 0974-2239, Volume 3, Number 3 (2013), pp. 167-174.
- S. Ozdemir and H. Çam, ‘Integration of False Data Detection with Data Aggregation and Conﬁdential Transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks’, IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., Vol. 18, No. 3, (June 2010), pp.736–749.
- G. Padmavathi and D. Shanmugapriya, “A Survey of Attacks, Security Mechanisms and Challenges in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 4, No. 1 & 2, (2009), ISSN 1947 5500.
- V. Preetha and K. Chitra, “Clustering & Cluster Head Selection Techniques in Mobile Adhoc Networks”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 7, (July 2014), ISSN: 2320-9801.
- S. Roy, M. Conti, S. Setia, and S. Jajodia, “Secure data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Security, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1040–1052, (Jun. 2012).
- P. Santhi, Md. Shakeel Ahmed, Sk. Mehertaj and T. Bharath Manohar, ‘An Efficient Security Way of Authentication and Pairwise Key Distribution with Mobile Sinks in Wireless Sensor Networks’, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Vol. 3, Issue 4, (Jul - Aug. 2013), pp.2553-2562, ISSN: 2249-6645.
- Stanislava Soro and Wendi B. Heinzelman, “Cluster Head Election Techniques for Coverage Preservation in Wireless Sensor Networks”, (2009), Journal of Ad Hoc Networks 7, pp. 955–972.
- Y. Sun, H. Luo and S. K. Das, ‘A Trust-Based Framework for Fault-Tolerant Data Aggregation in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks’, IEEE Trans. Dependable Secure Comput., Vol. 9, No. 6, (Dec. 2012), pp.785–797.
- G. Vijayalakshmi, M. Sheriff and S. Mohamed Sulaiman, “Secure Environmental Data Aggregation & Query with Feedback Solution in Wireless Sensor Networks using Enhanced Leach Protocol”, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Recent Trends in Information, Telecommunication and Computing, ITC, (2014), DOI: 02.ITC.2014.5.550.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Pavithra. M, Ganesh Kumar. G, Anand Kumar. N, "A RDA Framework against False Data Aggregates in CWSN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.394-399, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621106.php