Rapid Growth in vehicles population has enormous strain in all million plus cities. Due to high vehicles ownership and poor transport facilities specially in the cities where the population between 1 to 2 million. The demand for parking has increase in alarming proportion in Central Business District (CBD) areas and other work or activity centers of the cities. This study focused on parking demand by collection of parking data, such as parking demand, parking accumulation, rate of turnover, to check the feasibility of paid parking service as well as it response on the mode shift of the two wheeler parkers. Feasibility of pay and park facility on two busy street “M.G.Road”, “MayFair Road” have been studied in this research work. The detail license plate surveying method and fixed period sampling method are used for analysis of survey data. This study also include the In-Out survey or personal interview of people using the on-street parking at this two busy streets. In the study, On-street parking demand is very high in the study area on M.G.Road and MayFair Road for most part of day, but turnover is very poor, which reflects over occupancy of prime urban space for longer duration. All two streets having high commercial potential and high traffic flow.
Hardik Patel, Khushbu Bhatt, N. B. Parmar
Parking Turnover, Parking Accumulation, Parking Demand, Congested Area
- L. R Kadiyali. Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning. Khanna Publishers, New Delhi,1987.
- MRS Priyanka “Off street Parking Management Plan For Dharwad City, Karnataka, India” June(2012)
- Bhasker Vijaykumar Bhatt “A Study on Parking Needs at Intersections – Case of Surat T. P. Schemes.” International journal of engineering research (2014)
- Jaydip P.Chudasma “ Parking Evaluation : A case study of Amul dairy road”(2012)
- Meet K. Hingrajia “Parking Management Blueprints for Rajkot - Solution to Urban Transport Problems”International Journal of Research in Advent Technology (2015)
- Olowosegun Adebola” Examination of On-Street Parking and Traffic Congestion Problems in Lokoja”
- Khanna S.K –Justo C.E.G (2010), Highway Engineering’, 9th edition, Khanna publishers,Delhi.
- Guidelines for Pedestrian facilities, IRC:103-1988
- T.Subramani “Parking study on main corridors in Major Urban Centre : A study of Salem India” International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (2012)
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Hardik Patel, Khushbu Bhatt, N. B. Parmar, "Parking Facility Design for Different Corridor of Anand City", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.536-539, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621123.php