The usage of Internet banking has grown in leaps and bounds because of its appliance. The privacy and Information confidentiality is one of the richest invades to the users of OnlineBanking Systems. The issue with Online banking applications is that they need to send the confidential contents such as Personal Identification Number (PIN), One Time Password (OTP) to the targeting customers in the form of plaintext, which is insecure. The solvent to the above consequences requires a software application that holds proficient encryption procedures. Toimprove the security of the content that is transmitted over the internet, the proposed technique introduce a Dual Enciphering Mechanism (DEM) which includes more than one cryptographicscheme for cipher text creation, which assures the secured transmission over the network environment and the application is developed in Java language as a secured dual encipheringintrigue (SDEI). In this nominated overture the confidential banking content such as personal identification number (PIN) is enciphered using Huffmann compression technique, which inturn subjected to symmetric encryption procedure and the key for the compression scheme is taken in the form of image, which is then transmitted in the form of image shares using the idea ofvisual cryptography. The content at the receiver end is submitted to deciphering process, which needs the symmetric crypto scheme key to get the intermediate code which in turn needs theimage shares to regenerate the original plain text. Hence through the proposed scheme the security issues such as 'meet in the middle attacks' and 'anonymous hacking' would be reduced and from the experimental results it is identified that the proposed is known as enciphering or encryption and the unreadable format is said to be as cipher text or ciphers.
Choudhari Amar, Shaikh Sultanhusen, Ghadge Vashista, Prof. Sonawane V. D, Prof. Naved Raza
Internet Banking, Huffmann Coding, Decryption, Double Encryption, Visual Cryptography
- Chaum D. and Antwerpen van H., "Undeniable signature," Advances in Cryptology- CRYPTO'90, Springer-Verlag, 1990, pp. 2 12-2 16.
- Delfs H. and Knebl H., Introduction to Cryptography: Principles and Applications, Springer, 2002.
- Diffie W. and Hellman M., "New directions in cryptography," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. IT-22, No. 6, 1976, pp. 644-654.
- EsraSatir, HakanIsik "A Huffman compression based text steganography method, " Multimed Tools Appl Springer Science 20 12.
- Hongjun Liu, Xingyuan Wang, "Triple-image encryption scheme based on one-time key stream generated by chaos and plain images," The Journal of Systems and Software 86 (2013) pp. 826- 834
- "Hybrid Steganography using Visual Cryptography and LSB Encryption Method “ Gokul.M Final Year – M.Tech - CVIP Amrita VishwaVidhyapeetham University Coimbatore Umeshbabu R Final Year – M.Tech - CVIP Amrita VishwaVidhyapeetham University Coimbatore, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 59– No.14, December 2012
- Narpat Singh Shekhawat, Durga Prasad Sharma, "Cloud Computing Security through Cryptography for Banking Sector",Proceedings of the 5th National Conference; INDIACom-20 11.
- Askari, H.M. Heys, and C.R. Moloney “An Extended Visual Cryptography Scheme Without Pixel Expansion For Halftone Images” 2013 26th IEEE Canadian Conference Of Electrical And Computer Engineering (CCECE).
- Schoenmakers B., "A simple publicly verifiable secret sharing scheme and its application to electronic voting," Advances in Cryptology - CRYPTO'99, SpringerVerlag, 1999, pp. 148-164.
- Souvik Roy and P. Venkateswaran ,”IEEE Online Payment System using Steganography and Visual Cryptography” 2014 IEEE.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-February - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Choudhari Amar, Shaikh Sultanhusen, Ghadge Vashista, Prof. Sonawane V. D, Prof. Naved Raza, "A Review - Transaction Security Using Steganography and Visual Cryptography", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.597-600, January-February-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621125.php