Wireless Sensor Networks are used for data sensing, processing the data and communicating with other sensor tools. The interface between user and the network is a sink or base station, the sink gathers information and results from the network which in turn can be retrieved by the user by injecting queries. The major problems in wireless sensor networks are data faults, functional faults, low efficient batteries, node misbehaviour. Various algorithms such as Genetic, Extended AODV, Bayesian, Distributed fault detection algorithms have been proposed to overcome these issues with high accuracy. The communication between the sensor nodes are improved using multicast routing algorithm .The sensor are powered by batteries which are of limited resources and often degrading ,this reduces the efficiency of sensors. Fault tolerances are also of major concern in wireless sensor networks which can be overcome by using best effort fault tolerance algorithm. Inspite of all the proposed algorithms, the performance degradation in WSN still exists. The goal of this paper is to suggest the way for improving the quality of WSN and discusses about various issues that are existing in the real time and its appropriate proposed methods with newer techniques and technology. Recent researches in wireless sensor networks are of great impact in various areas such as emergency navigation, environmental surveillance, traffic monitoring , condition based equipment maintenance ,habitat monitoring and disaster management.
Dr. M. Senthil Kumar, S.Harshaw, M. Kavinaya, C. Gracia Adlin
reless Sensor Network, Efficiency, Techniques, Researches.
- A Distributed Bayesian Algorithm for Data Fault Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks-IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2015.
- Agnostic diagnosis: Discovering silent failures in Wireless Sensor Networks-IEEE INFOCOM,2011.
- Self-Diagnosis for large scale Wireless Sensor Networks-IEEE INFOCOM, 2011.
- Detection of Node Misbehavior using Overhearing and Autonomous Agents in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks-IEEE applications and Innovation in Mobile Computing,2015.
- Node fault diagnosis in WSN based on RS and SVM -IEEE Wireless Communication sensor network,2014.
- Genetic Algorithm based node fault detection and recovery in distributed sensor network-International Journal on Computer Network and Information Security,2014.
- QOS of MANET through trust based AODV routing protocol by exclusion of black hole attack-CIMTA, 2013.
- Extended AODV routing method based on distributed minimum transmission (DMT) for WSN-International Journal on Electronic Communication, 2014.
- An efficient detection and recovery of fault node in WSN- International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 2014.
- Adaptive fault diagnosis algorithm for controller area network- IEEE transactions on industrial electronic, 2014.
- Fault Detection in Wireless Sensor Network Using Distributed Approach, National Institute of Technology, 2012.
- Wireless Sensor Network Survey, Journal of University of California, 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dr. M. Senthil Kumar, S.Harshaw, M. Kavinaya, C. Gracia Adlin, "Quality Improvement Techniques in WSN : A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.540-544, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621130.php