Now a days as one of the most important renewable source of energy is wind energy that is gaining interest due to its ecofriendly nature. This paper is about the study on control of wind driven doubly fed induction generator. A converter setup that is back to back PWM with stator voltage oriented vector control is used to control the DFIG. The back to back PWM converter set up consists of the Rotor Side Converter and the Grid Side Converter with intermediate DC link. Decoupled control of the DC link voltage and the grid reactive power is obtained through Voltage oriented control of GSC. Similarly independent control of power from wind and reactive power of DFIG is carried out by stator voltage oriented vector control of RSC. Coordinated control of the back to back converter setup in both sub synchronous and super synchronous mode is presented.
Mariya Alvi, Rakesh Sharma
DFIG, stator voltage orientation control scheme, rotor side converter, grid side converter, decoupled control.
- Ankit Gupta, S.N.Singh, Dheeraj K. Khatod, “Modeling and Simulation of Doubly Fed Induction Generator Coupled with Wind Turbine –An Overview”, JEC&AS, Vol. 2, No.8, Aug. 2013.
- Nalini Telu, K. Veeresham, Rohini Telu “Design, Simulation and Control of A Doubly Fed Induction Generator” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) Vol. 2, Issue 3, May-Jun 2012.
- Bhim singh and N. K. Swami Naidu, ” Doubly Fed Induction Generator for Wind Energy Conversion System with Integrated Active Filter capabilities“ IEEE Transactions On Automatic Control, Vol. 54, No. 7, July 2015.
- E. Toledo, L. Aromataris, G. Tarnowski, M. Oliveira, O. Perrone5, H. Reversat “Voltage Control in Wind Power Generation Using Doubly Fed Induction Generators” Energy Study Center to Development (CEED), National University of Misiones (UNaM) Oberá, Misiones, Argentina.
- Resham R. Wandile1, Sandeep V. Karemore2,Rakesh G. Shriwastawa “Direct active and reactive power control of DFIG for wind energy generation” International Journal Of Innovative Research In Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation And Control Engineering Vol. 3, Issue 5, May 2015.
- Arifujjaman,Md., Iqbal,M.T., Quaicoe, J.E ,’’Vector control of a DFIG based wind turbine’’, Journal of Electrical And Electronics Engineering, Vol-9, Number-2, Year-2009.
- Muller, S., Deicke, M., Doncker, R.W.D., ” Doubly fed induction generator system for wind turbines’’, IEEE Industry Application Magazine, May-June, 2002.
- Liyan Qu, Wei Qiao, ’’Constant Power Control of DFIG Wind Turbines With Supercapacitor Energy Storage”, IEEE Transaction On Industrial.
- Shaheen, S.A, Hasanien, M., Badr, M.A., ”Study On Doubly-Fed Induction Generator Control”, MPECON’10,December 19-21,2010, ID 251
- Leban, K.,’’ Doubly fed induction generator fault simulation’’, Institute of Energy Technology Aalborg 2009.
- Rakesh Sharma, Kuldeep Sahay, Sateyndra Singh, “Effects of Varying Load on DC- Link Voltage in DFIG Based Wind Energy Conversion System,” International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 5, May 2014.
- Ajay Kushwaha1, Inderpreet Singh, “Literature review paper on doubly fed induction generator wind turbine technology” International Journal of Enhanced Research in Science Technology & Engineering, ISSN: 2319-7463, Vol. 2 Issue 9, September-2013.
- Andreas Petersson, “Analysis, Modeling and Control of Doubly-Fed Induction Generators for Wind Turbines” Department of Electric Power Engineering Chalmers University Of Technology.
- A.A.Hassan1, A.M. El-Sawy1, O.M.Kamel “Direct Torque Control of a Doubly fed Induction Generator Driven By a Variable Speed Wind Turbine” Journal of Engineering Sciences, Assiut University, Vol. 41 No1 pp.199-216 - January 2013.
- Xue Yingcheng，Tai Nengling “System frequency regulation investigation in doubly fed induction generator (DFIG)” WSEAS transactions on power systems.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mariya Alvi, Rakesh Sharma, "DFIG for Wind Energy Generation Using Stator Voltage Orientation Control – A Review ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.490-496, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621134.php