In this project, measurements of vertical electrical soundings (VES) will carry out in Rajam. The resistivity method will carry out with a view to characterize different subsurface geological units and to provide the engineering/environmental geophysical characterization of the study area. One‐dimensional numerical inversion of individual DC resistivity will use to enhance the processing of the results for better achievement of the aim of the study. Models which will be obtained from the 1D inversion of each VES, together with borehole information, will use for construction of geo‐electrical sections which exhibit the main geo‐electrical characteristics of the geological units present in the area. In this project, it is expecting that the final interpretation of the results will help to provide the geo‐electrical successions which have different layers and to decide which layer is to be the most competent for founding small to medium engineering structures and which layer is considered to be the best water bearing structure. Project also includes the assessment of quality of the ground water by analyzing the water samples which will collect from bore wells in the surveyed area.
Hydrochemistry, Electrical Resistivity, Boreholes, Water analysis
- "Determination of Lithology and Groundwater Quality Using Electrical Resistivity Survey", Muhammad Arshad1, J.M. Cheema And Shafique Ahmed.
- "Role of Electrical Resistivity Method for Groundwater Exploration in Hard Rock Areas: A Case Study from Fidiwo/Ajebo Areas of SouthwesternNigeria."Stephen O. Ariyo and Gabriel O. Adeyemi, Department of Earth Sciences and Geology, OlabisiOnabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria.
- "Applications of 1D and 2D Electrical Resistivity Methods to Map Aquifers in a Complex Geologic Terrain of Foursquare Camp, Ajebo, Southwestern Nigeria."
- Elijah AdebowaleAyolabi, Ph.D. Franklin Eleyinmi, B.Sc. and Esther O. Anuyah, B.Sc. Geophysics Program, Department of Physics, University of Lagos, Nigeria.
- Bureau of Indian standards, Doc. WRD03(457) August 2007, “Geophysical surveys for Hydrogeological studies”.
- "A new and faster algorithm for 1D VES data inversion called Recursive Ant Colony Optimization (RACO) "YogeshArora*1, Deepak Kumar Gupta1, Jai Prakash Gupta2 and Upendra K. Singh-Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, India, 2-Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India.
- Bernstone, C. & Dahlin, T. (1996). 2D resistivity survey of old landfills. Proceeding of 2nd European Environmental and Engineering Geophysics Meeting, 188 – 191.
- Kelly, W.E. (1976). Geoelectric sounding for delineating groundwater contamination. Groundwater, 14, 16 – 10.
- Koefoed, O. (1979). Geosounding principles Resistivity sounding measurement. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
T Dharmavathi, "Water Quality Analysis and Subsurface Lithology Characterisation and Its Environmental Implications Using Electrical Resistivity Survey", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.500-505, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621138.php