Data mining - process of pattern discovering in large data sets in that the emerging field is sentiment analysis. Opinion mining is the study of analyzing the human’s opinions, sentiments, and emotion towards the entities such as products, services. The main application of sentiment analysis is collecting the online reviews about the product, social networks informal text. The process of the opinion targets and the opinion words extraction and determining the relations between these words. In previous, the nearest neighbor rules approach was used, the disadvantage of this method was not suitable for long span sentences. The Word Alignment Model is proposed to extract the opinion words and opinion targets from the obtained reviews and the graph based co-ranking algorithm is used to detect the opinion relation through opinion relation graph. While compared with previous used methods, this novel approach effectively decreases the error probability. The results shows the algorithm effectively outperforms when compare to existing methods.
D. Menaka, E. Saravana Kumar
Data Mining, Opinion Mining, WAM
- Gan K. W. and Wong P. W. (2000), “Annotating information structures in chinese texts using hownet,” in Proc. 2nd Workshop Chin. Lang. Process.: Held Conjunction 38th Annu. Meeting Assoc. Comput. Linguistics, Hong Kong, pp. 85–92.
- Gao Q., Bach N., and Vogel S. (2010), ‘A semi-supervised word alignment algorithm with partial manual alignments,’ in Proc. Joint Fifth Workshop Statist. Mach. Translation MetricsMATR, Uppsala, Sweden, pp. 1–10.
- Hai Z., Chang K., Kim J., and Yang C. C. (2014), ‘Identifying features in opinion mining via intrinsic and extrinsic domain relevance’, IEEE Trans. Knowledge Data Eng., vol. 26, no. 3, Pp. 623–634.
- Hu M. and Liu B. (2004), ‘Mining and Summarizing Customer Reviews’, in Proc. 10th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. Knowl. Discovery Data Mining, Seattle, WA, USA, pp. 168–177.
- Hu M. and Liu B. (2004), ‘Mining opinion features in customer reviews’, in Proc. 19th Nat. Conf. Artif. Intell., San Jose, CA, USA, pp. 755–760.
- Li F., Han C., Huang M., Zhu X., Xia Y., Zhang S., and Yu H. (2010), ‘Structure-aware review mining and summarization’, in Proc. 23th Int. Conf. Comput. Linguistics, Beijing, China, pp. 653–661.
- Liu K., Xu L., and Zhao J. (2015), ‘Co-Extracting Opinion Targets and Opinion Words from Online Reviews Based on the Word Alignment Model’, IEEE Transactions on knowledge and data engineering, vol. 27, no. 3.
- Li F., Pan S. J., Jin O., Yang Q., and Zhu X. (2012), ‘Cross-domain co extraction of sentiment and topic lexicons’, in Proc. 50th Annu. Meeting Assoc. Comput. Linguistics, Jeju, Korea, pp. 410–419.
- Liu K., Xu L., and Zhao J. (2012), ‘Opinion target extraction using word based translation model’, in Proc. Joint Conf. Empirical Methods Natural Lang. Process. Comput. Natural Lang. Learn., Jeju, Korea, pp. 1346–1356.
- Liu Z., Chen X., and Sun M. (2011), ‘A simple word trigger method for social tag suggestion’, in Proc. Conf. Empirical Methods Natural Lang. Process., Edinburgh, U.K., pp. 1577–1588.
- Liu K., Xu H. L., Liu Y., and Zhao J. (2013), ‘Opinion target extraction using partially-supervised word alignment model’, in Proc. 23rd Int. Joint Conf. Artif. Intell., Beijing, China, pp. 2134–2140.
- Ma T. and Wan X. (2010), ‘Opinion target extraction in Chinese news comments’, in Proc. 23th Int. Conf. Comput. Linguistics, Beijing, China, pp. 782–790.
- Mei Q., Ling X., Wondra M., Su H., and Zhai C. (2007), ‘Topic sentiment mixture: modeling facets and opinions in weblogs’, in Proc. 16th Int. Conf. World Wide Web, pp. 171–180.
- Qiu G., Bing L., Bu J., and Chen C. (2011), ‘Opinion word expansion and target extraction through double propagation’, Comput. Linguistics, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 9–27.
- Wang B. and Wang H. (2010), ‘Bootstrapping both product features and opinion words from chinese customer reviews with crossinducing’, in Proc. 3rd Int. Joint Conf. Natural Lang. Process., Hyderabad, India, pp. 289–295.
- Zhang L., Liu B., Lim S.H., and O’Brien-Strain E. (2010), ‘Extracting and ranking product features in opinion documents’, in Proc. 23th Int. Conf. Comput. Linguistics, Beijing, China, pp. 1462–1470.
- Zhao W. X., Jiang J., Yan H., and Li X. (2010), ‘Jointly modeling aspects and opinions with a MaxEnt-LDA hybrid’, in Proc. Conf. Empirical Methods Natural Lang. Process., Cambridge, MA, USA, pp. 56–65.
- Zhu j., Wang h., Tsou B. k., and Zhu M. (2009), ‘Multi-aspect opinion polling from textual reviews’, in Proc. 18th ACM Conf. Inf. Knowl. Manage., Hong Kong, pp. 1799–1802.
- Purushothama G. K and Lawrence Jenkins,” Simulated Annealing With Local Search—A Hybrid Algorithm for Unit Commitment,”IEEE Transactions On Power Systems, February 2003, Vol. 18, No. 1.
- Stefano, Andrea and Fabrizio“SENTIWORDNET 3.0: An Enhanced Lexical Resource for Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining,” in Proc. 23th Int. Conf. Comput. Linguistics, Beijing, China, pp. 1462–1470.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
D. Menaka, E. Saravana Kumar, "Extracting Opinion Relations from Online Reviews Based on WAM", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.74-80, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621139.php